by CJLewis87 Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

I must admit, I'm not particularly happy either! Getting a text after 8pm the day before launch saying the device is now delayed by at least a week isn't really good enough. I appreciate there may be manufacturer delays, but if that's the case, how have I walked into a Carphone Warehouse store this morning and placed an order for in-store collection tomorrow? I also saw someone else post on the XDA forums that they placed an order with Sky Mobile yesterday at 3pm, then had their delivery notification for today a few hours later! How can that be right when I've pre-ordered nearly 3 weeks ago! It kind of makes pre-ordering completely pointless if you don't get the device on launch day. I've subsequently cancelled the pre-order with EE.

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

I'm waiting til tomorrow to see if there's any updates and if not, I'll be cancelling mine and going with O2.  They have a better deal on and actually have phones in stock! I would have switched today but the hassle of switching numbers, contracts etc has put me off for today.

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Request for the Community EE team member:

It is very concerning what people are saying about other networks and companies being able to provide the phones on day 1. This can not be a manufacturer delay if Google were able to supply everyone else with enough devices to go around. 

What is EE willing to do to remedy the concerns of your customers? Are you willing to refund the up-front fee for the device or offer store credit for accessories? Something needs to be done as it seems you will end up with a mass exodus on your hands.

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Completely agree. Its almost like the iPhone advert where Kevin Bacon says "don't worry if you don't get your iPhone first" is a preminission. 

EE - I would like a Google Pixel stand please as my compensation for a. Late info regarding "manufactory delay" - you would of known before yesterday that there would be one b. That other networks are not experiencing the delay...

@

by andersdigital Investigator
Investigator

My Pixel 3 (not XL) 128GB in Black has been confirmed as arriving tomorrow (2/11/18) with a DPD text. Aaaaaaaaaand I'm working away as of tonight...

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

My Pixel 3 (not XL) 128GB in Black has been confirmed as arriving tomorrow (2/11/18) with a DPD text. Aaaaaaaaaand I'm working away as of tonight...

On EE?

by andersdigital Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, the text came in about 10 mins ago. I did phone up and kick off a bit. Not proud of myself.

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

So they at least have some Pixels in stock.  I won't hold my breath for my XL. 

Established Contributor

Nor me. Come on EE, sort your **bleep** out! this is embarrassing!

by Mooga5 Investigator
Investigator

I pre-ordered a pixel 3 128gb black on the day of release, only to be told yesterday that my order had been cancelled by mistake!

They didn't even let me know it had been cancelled, I had to find out by asking them to update me on my order.

Carphone warehouse offered me one yesterday to be delivered for today but I opted to wait a week to get a better deal with EE (I can get 20% off contracts with perkbox).

The whole way that this phone release has been dealt with is pretty shocking and something they definitely need to learn from.

by Seangy Investigator
Investigator

I'm pretty disgusted with EE.. I also pre-ordered my pixel 3 64gb. I checked my order yesterday morning and it was showing that it would be dispatched on the 1st Nov. I then got a text like everyone else that it had been delayed. I accepted it on face value but thought it was poor that they waited until the end of the day before telling everyone. I now feel cheated and lied to after reading all the comments about other providers and shops like Carphone warehouse meeting there orders today. I like others feel we should be compensated for the poor handling of this situation by EE. 

by Mooga5 Investigator
Investigator

Just got a text saying mine is being delivered tomorrow! Hope everyone else is getting this good news too.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

From what i understood from my call earlier this morning with EE Customer Service. The XL 128GB had more availability than the 64GB version.

I dont know if she got her facts wrong but at the rough time of the call (09:30ish) - she said the lead time for the 64GB was "up to" three weeks. Whereas the lead time for the 128GB was "up to" 7 days. 

Still, that doesnt change the fact that at lunch time today (12:00ish), i was able to walk out of a local o2 Store with an XL 64GB on a new contract. 

Established Contributor

Come on EE get yourselves in order!

C4C1F1AA-03A1-4EED-9F2A-749887BB4D32.jpeg

by Becky31 Contributor
Contributor

I’m fed up of waiting for EE to ship orders out, when other shops have stock and haven’t had this problem.

I’m giving them until tomorrow otherwise i’ll be cancelling my order and going elsewhere.

by Hip_Hop_Rob Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For clarity purposes I thought it might be helpful to reaffirm the fact that No, the UK release of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL was not delayed for the 1 November Launch day for any other carriers (it would appear) other than EE .

How do I know this? because I went into an O2 store today on Launch day and "Hey Presto!" they had 9 in stock (Hull)- Vodaphone had handsets too, so had 3 (Just 64gb versions though), CPW too yet EE.....Zero! None! No Pixels were delivered to any of the EE stores visited for launch day ......Zero, Nadir. So 4 out of the UK 5 main cariiers had supplies but EE none. And your response above Leanne confirms no pixels were delivered to EE stores??

Something is afoot here as Sherlock Holmes would allude too. But I don't think it has anything to do with what has been suggested by some as faulty handsets being held back or generally manufacturing delays or other conspiracy theories being promoted by some on other forums. It appears the total lack of any handsets in EE stores is an EE isolated problem.

And as to why I got a "Good News. Your order is coming soon" text at 11:00 yesterday but "Hi there's been a delay to your order" text at 11:01 yesterday, one day before launch day of 1 nov,  only EE can answer that one...

By way of background I pe-ordered on the 12th October through Retention and they were and have been very helpful but do not be be persuaded by the estimated date argument for not supplying to pre-orders being banded about on these threads for launch day and being accepted as such. Being told and having it confirmed orally that you will receive handset on the Launch date when one ordered, is not an estimated date especially when other carriers have stock for for that very Launch day and it would appear EE have none.  Equally the suggestion offered by you Leanne that EE offer a "first come, first served policy " as an excuse for those who have been let down would suggest you had stock to start with, would it not and you have clearly stated that no stores  have been supplied by launch day? 

So please if EE could make good the debacle of the  Pixel EE launch day and harry the supplier, as your customer base is very disapponted & depressed at seeing your competitors having some supplies and are not convinced that we have not been tightly managed late in the day to encourage us not to abandon ship to another carrier by keeping us all in the dark. A public relations mismanaged launch no matter which way one spins it.  Hope this is remedied expeditiously for all concerned.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

From previous experience when companies have problems getting supplies it is usually the first sign that the company is struggling. This is especially true when other companies in the same line of business do not have similar issues. Hope this is not the case in this instance.

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

Just got off a live chat with EE and apparently "there is a back order of 14 to 28 days."  My expected date is still showing 8th-9th but it turns out I have to wait at least 2 weeks, I'll breathing in some of that sweet O2 tomorrow.

by ollyw Investigator
Investigator

Those getting delivery tomorrow could you confirm model ordered

I am waiting on XL 128 so interested to know if likely to be sooner or later! I ordered about two hours after details were released so hopefully near the top of the list

by JorjLim Contributor
Contributor

@kevsess wrote:

Just got off a live chat with EE and apparently "there is a back order of 14 to 28 days."  My expected date is still showing 8th-9th but it turns out I have to wait at least 2 weeks, I'll breathing in some of that sweet O2 tomorrow.

What?! How can they be so inconsistent? The guy I spoke to said it would be next week?! 14-28days?!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.