by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Hopefully it will stick to that date now, whats one week eh? Far more important things to worry about in life. I mean it would have been nice to have it on launch day but its not going to change anything really.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I literally just found out about this thanks to posts on social media. I don't mind waiting but I never even received a confirmation email. I've been on the phone over 10 times since October 10th asking for one and trying to sort my account out as since I upgraded my plan keeps taking me to an error page due to something ee did

Also @leanne_T or @James_B - Brightstar sent me my recycele bag a few days after I pre-ordered on the 10th October. I have no problem with the delay but I received a text on Friday telling me that I would be charged £310 for non-return even though the phone wasn't releaseed until 1st November. Now its delayed to 8th or possibly 9th and I'm going to have to foot a huge bill even though I haven't received a phone so I can't mail anything back. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

Don't worry, this is an automated reminder text.

You don't need to send your old phone back until your new one has been delivered.

Thanks

James

by CJLewis87 Contributor
Contributor

Ah just had the dreaded text... never mind here's to hoping it's next week Cat Happy

EE Text.png

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

not sure what is wrong with google as this happened with their previous releases as well, you would have thought they got it sorted by now.

I ordered mine direct and been getting different delivery dates and then this morning get another says it's been put back at least another ten days to the 15-16 November, yet when you go to their webpage it shows you can order and they are dispatching on 5th November.

So if they can take orders now for despatch on 5th why are they delaying pre-orders for customers on networks and direct

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

This is extremely frustrating.

I pre ordered the Pixel 3 XL through EE, the day of the announcement by Google (i was told by the lass on the phone that i was the 2nd person to make a pre order)

Ive watched the track order page pretty much every single day since then and the expected delivery date has always been the 1st Nov. 

Now i check this morning and see that its been delayed?!

I wouldnt mind so much but, my original Pixel died on me last week, with no replacement - It was sent away to get repaired but has comeback untouched. 

So .. now im stuck with a dead phone .. and no new replacement untill .. god knows when?! 

i might just cut my losses and cancel my contract renewal and go for a phone thats available. 

by

Morning Everyone.

This is due to a delivery delay from the manufacturer.

Delivery dates are estimates, and if anything changes we will let you know as soon as we can.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

@leanne_T wrote:

Morning Everyone.

Delivery dates are estimates, and if anything changes we will let you know as soon as we can.

Thanks. Leanne.

Do you know if this is throughout all of EE, if that makes sense? 

My place of work is a 5 minute walk from my local EE store so, is there any point heading there today to see if they would have physical stock?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@leanne_T wrote:

Morning Everyone.

Thanks. Leanne.

Hi @leanne_T,

I've seen on another forum that someone @ EE has informed a customer that you have stock waiting to go, but it has been recalled by Google.

Is the member of staff providing incorrect information or has something actually happened?

by

Hi @Guvn3r

Thanks for coming back to me.

Our retail store also has a delivery delay due to the manufacturer,

Where did you send your Pixel for repair?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

@leanne_T wrote:

Hi @Guvn3r

Thanks for coming back to me.

Our retail store also has a delivery delay due to the manufacturer,

Where did you send your Pixel for repair?

Thanks, Leanne.

Not sure where it was sent to be repaired. Went in to the EE Store and they dealt with the sending the phone away etc.. 

Im trying to find out if this is a national shortage acrross all carriers or just EE.

Im technically out of contract now, and was told on the phone that the Pixel XL Just Black 64GB had a back order lead time of up to THREE WEEKS?! 

I was told that the 128GB version was on a lead time of 7 days but, that would be a change to my pre-order and so, would probably require me setting up yet another new contract. 

So im going to find out if its going to be quicker and easier to just leave EE and go else where .. seeing as they have now left me without a phone at all... 

by andersdigital Investigator
Investigator

No. They haven't landed. Ordered 2 days after pre-orders launched and my delivery is delayed a week.

by

Hi there @Guvn3r

I would suggest having a chat with our customer service team so they can give you all the options available.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

@leanne_T wrote:

Hi there @Guvn3r

I would suggest having a chat with our customer service team so they can give you all the options available.

Thanks, Leanne.

Hiya,

The information about the 64GB Just Black XL being delayed by 3 Weeks, and the 7 Day delay for the 128GB version was following a call i made with Customer Services this morning.

They were extremley unhelpful and just advised i went to the local store to request a loan phone for the duration.

So, il be looking for a carrier with stock and will go with them instead

by

Hi @mirdragon

Sorry to hear a member of staff is giving out incorrect information.

The revised delivery date is due to a manufacturer delay, and we’re doing everything we can to help speed this up.

Thanks, Leanne.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Right up until last night 31st Oct I was expecting pixel 3 XL on launch day 1st Nov. Got a txt from EE 9 30pm last night saying it would not now be delivered until 8th-9th Nov. Very late notice as I live alone and had booked a day off for delivery. What a shambles sky have them in stock with a cheaper plan nearly ordered through them but being a long service ee customer I was persuaded to stay by the sales rep. This is the second day off I've used awaiting delivery how can ee let this happen have they no organisational skills they must of known before last night that promised deliveries were a case of fiction. I am fuming with ee broken promises and blatant lies they were quick to take the upfront charge no mistakes there however.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

Just an FYI - Ive spoken to an agent from o2. They appear to have stock and dont have a supply issue.

If i order online today, il get the phone tomorrow. Their physical stock for the Hove, Brighton and Worthing sotres will arrive on the 5th. 

So this looks more like an issue on EE's behalf rather than a "supply/demand" issue from Google. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

it hard to say that as google are providing the same information to customers who ordered directly with them, the orders are constantly being put back.

by Guvn3r Investigator
Investigator

Further update...

Ive now cancelled my pre-order with EE as, during my lunch break at work, I went to the o2 Store and they had physical stock of the Pixel 3 XL 

So, i now have a new contract with o2.. 

This may very well be down to google rather than EE but, kinda sucks that you guys were not able to get any physical stock and yet o2 can.. 

I thought you guys were the largest network carrier in the UK?? 

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Does that mean there may be a small chance it will be sooner than 8-9th nov?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.