by Hip_Hop_Rob Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

I concur @MarcJ except it now appears that there are now some supplies of white ones in preparation for despatch but black are not showing up any supplies.  So yes, it may be that the DESPATCH EXPECTED IN 24 HOURS on the tracking side ibeing reported are  a false positive as I still have this myself after receiving the further delay text yesterday evening but shows the false positive when tracking .  I appreciate it needs to be reset to just show an open order with no other indication of delivery...

I do hope I  am wrong for those still hoping and praying that they are the exception.  So good luck to those in that postion.   How's that for generousity of spirit? 

by MrChaz Contributor
Contributor

Haha I think most demands here are just frustration but not 100% serious as some of the others have said. Once we get our new phones we'll all be happy Robot LOL

Totally understand that EE have quite a job on their hands to fulfill orders to potentially thousands. 

by PF10 Investigator
Investigator

IMG_20181108_125444.jpg

Against all the odds it arrived!!! 

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh god! this give me hope. I was just coming back on to ask the chat moderator if the tracker information was automated an incorrect. 

I have seen a few people claim this today that the fact my tracker tells me dispatched within 24hrs is incorrect. The tracker is still claiming today/tomorrow. Come on EE don't let this be the case of late communication yet again. I've had no message to tell me its delayed yet and it will be extremely disapointing and likely to lose you another customer if it is incorrect. @James_B I don't want to have to leave EE but promising today/tomorrow and not delivering on it would be the last straw.

Established Contributor

Fabulous news @PF10 .Really happy for you.  Was it the white version?

Please do let us know if speaker issues mentioned on forums previousl are present (hopefully not after this amount of delay,,,,) Congratulations again

by Gbaker94
Visitor

I got mine on a upgrade yet to receive my phone nearly a week later so now I'm looking in to cancelling my contract 

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So either EE does have stock now or they continue to lie to their customers. Someone just asked on twitter if the Pixel 3 was avaliable for upgrade and EE responded yes. I hope you are going to make them aware of how long they need to wait if you havent got stock.

by MrChaz Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your new phone! Can't wait to receive my XL (eventually)

by MrChaz Contributor
Contributor

Also I have a question:

Did anyone in here pre-order over the phone? I did and never received a confirmation or an order number so I've had no real idea of when there's been delays. Wondering if anyone could advise me as I've got nowhere asking reps at the moment 

by Bones101 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@MrChaz i had the same issue, you should have received a text with a link. 

I never did receive one from my original order i would continue to press for either your order number or your order tracking link.

Established Contributor

@MrChaz wrote:

Also I have a question:

Did anyone in here pre-order over the phone? I did and never received a confirmation or an order number so I've had no real idea of when there's been delays. Wondering if anyone could advise me as I've got nowhere asking reps at the moment 

I Did through "retentions" over the phone as a Pre- Launch "Upgrade" Order as they have better pricing than staff in-store have access to.

by 1210 Investigator
Investigator

I never received an xkn number or email confirmation only an order number through text. I’m waiting on the pixel 3xl 64gb pre ordered on the 12th of October 

by MrChaz Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @Bones101 I'll definitely continue as in the past I at least received one or the other

by Fleurbe Investigator
Investigator

Yes I pre-ordered over the phone on the 16 Oct, hopefully mine is coming between 11 and 12 tomorrow!!

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

Hey @PF10, when the excitement settles, could you let me know what EE branding / apps are pre-installed please?  No need for a deep dive to find everything, just an idea of what they did to lead to the delays on the device Smiley Wink

Established Contributor

@MarcJ wrote:

Hey @PF10, when the excitement settles, could you let me know what EE branding / apps are pre-installed please?  No need for a deep dive to find everything, just an idea of what they did to lead to the delays on the device Smiley Wink

Hi @MarcJ as far as I am aware the pixels come with no ee bloatware pre-installed just Googles vanilla android os.  Why is it assumed that they (Google) did something on the software that led to the delays in delivering Googles stock handsets to EE other than locking all handsets to EE for 6 months?  There is nothing that has been formally stated anywhere online or in the press  that suggests otherwise, is there? 

And @PF10 my question to you previously  on whether yours was white,  was because your photo wasn't opening when clicking on link  but now can obviously see it one of the white ones, that I had been told before your posting was now despatching, so am still chuffed for you as you know.

by garymccorkell Investigator
Investigator

Ok so despite the text last night saying I will not receive the phone before the 9th and offering 50 pound credit,  i got a text today saying order will be with you soon and the tracker said despatch within 24 hours but still with estimate 8th/9th so i thought nothing of it and didn't get my hopes up. 

I have this very minute just received a text to say dpd will deliver tomorrow and to choose a 1 hour time slot. My phone was supposed to get delivered to my nearest EE shop so why am I choosing a time slot? I chose to get it delivered there as I'd have been working when i was originally supposed to receive the phone... by luck I am off work tomorrow and will be in... or so i thought... its getting delivered to my old address! By luck (again) my parents still live at that address and i will have access so will go there and wait in for it! 

It's worked out ok but what an absolute mess!!!

by 1210 Investigator
Investigator

What model have you ordered mate? 

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

@Hip_Hop_Rob wrote:

Hi @MarcJ as far as I am aware the pixels come with no ee bloatware pre-installed just Googles vanilla android os.  Why is it assumed that they (Google) did something on the software that led to the delays in delivering Googles stock handsets to EE other than locking all handsets to EE for 6 months?  There is nothing that has been formally stated anywhere online or in the press  that suggests otherwise, is there? 

Just that this was the (actually, one of many conflicting) reasons I've been told for the delays.

by garymccorkell Investigator
Investigator

Pixel 3 64gb white

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.