Pre-order iPhone XR on EE
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Been looking for a new phone?..

… the search could now be over.

Great Google:

The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed and you can pre-order them now.

So why should you go for Google?

Well, besides featuring the very latest and purest Android experience on a smartphone, here are our top reasons for choosing the Google Pixel 3.

• The Pixel 3 features a 5.5-inch Full HD OLED display for high-quality video viewing and showing off your photos to friends and family. And if you’re a fan of big phones, the XL version features a 6.3-inch OLED display.

• The Google Pixel 3 takes incredible photos. With Group Selfie Mode, you can gather your friends and family together to capture great memories and stunning group shots. And with Portrait Mode and Top Shot features, everyday photos look like they were taken by a professional photographer – free from imperfections and packed with vivid detail.

• With unlimited online photo storage* on Google Photos, you can snap away all day and night. Everything is saved in the cloud and it won’t cost you a penny to keep your memories there†. What’s more, you can access your photos and videos whenever you like using WiFi or the UK’s fastest and most reliable 4G network.

• With Google Lens on board**, simply point your camera to open up a world of extra content – such as useful information about landmarks, translations and product details.

• Google Assistant† on the Pixel 3 makes everyday tasks easy and convenient. Simply give your phone a squeeze or say “Hello Google” to get started. Then ask Google to fetch you the latest news, weather forecasts, or set reminders and alarms – 24/7, 365 days a year. It’s the perfect way to organise your busy lifestyle.

Pre-order Google Pixel 3 here.

google_pixel3_community (002).jpg

* Free, unlimited, online, original-quality storage for all photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos from Pixel 3 until 31/01/2022. Photos and videos uploaded before 31/01/2022 will remain free at original quality. Requires Google Account. Data rates may apply. g.co/help/photostorage

** For available Google Lens languages go to g.co/help/lens. Requires Internet connection

† Requires Internet connection.

12 REPLIES
by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Ordered a standard 3 using childcare discount.   I have a query about my upgrade in the upgrade area of this forum though.

Established Contributor

I popped in my local EE store at lunchtime and played around. Damn those phones (both of them) have improved a lot over their predecessors. They now have that screen-looks-like-it's-the-surface quality which I've seen on iPhones and they're built really well. The screen quality is amazing too, I wasn't expecting much but it's far, far better than before.
I couldn't hide the notch on the demo unit as developer options are password protected. I adjusted the display and text sizes right down on both and the density is scaled, I didn't get more real estate on the XL in terms of numbers of app icons on the screen etc. It's just like the iPhone Xs and Xs Max in this area. It may be different when you actually open apps though.

I may cancel my order for a Google case as I don't want my phone to be hidden. I've sent off an enquiry to bare (https://www.bare-cases.com) and will see what they say.

If you're unsure then get yourself down to an EE shop and see for yourself. I'm well happy I've preordered this.

by

Hi @uvarvu.

I bet you can't wait Smiley Happy

Which one did you go for?

Leanne.

Established Contributor

I chose a regular sized one in white and I've also ordered the charging stand.   All I need is a decent case to show it off now Smiley Very Happy

by

Very nice @uvarvu

Hope you come back and let us know what you think Smiley Happy

Looks amazing!

Established Contributor

Of course.

BTW Bare cases just replied to my query and there is going to be an official launch in around a week.   This is excellent news.

by mitchec1
Visitor

After playing with both ordered a Pixel 3, luckily get a staff discount through work so it will only cost an extra £442 over the length of the contract compared what I'm paying now.

With 20gb extra data over what I have now, and a decent offer for my 2xl it suddenly becomes a sub £200 phone.

That's if I don't upgrade in a year's time

by CJLewis87
Visitor

Pre-ordered the standard 3 in clearly white 64GB. Looks so nice with that mint green power button! Any reason why the white model isn't expected until w/c 19th November? I know this is the case with O2/Three etc. as well. Seems odd as the other two colours are expected on 1st. 

by

Afternoon @CJLewis87

Thanks for coming to the community Smiley Happy

We will keep you updated on your order.

You'll be able to track your order through the online order tracker and will receive a text message from DPD the day before delivery.

Thanks, Leanne.

by JorjLim Investigator
Investigator

Just pre-ordered, and I'm super excited Smiley Happy

Got a few of questions though, as it's my first carrier contract for a while.

1. Does the phone come locked to EE? Can it be unlocked? (If I go abroad for example)

2. Does it get Google updates when Google drop them or does EE have to get involved first?

3. When I boot the phone, will it show the 'EE' logo? (Petty, but important to me)

4. Does it come with any EE 'bloatware' pre-installed? 

Basically...is it the same as if I bought it 'SIM-Free' from Google? or is it an 'EE-edition'?

Hope you an help.

by

Hi @JorjLim,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Your new phone will be locked to EE. Please see Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device for more information.

Any software updates will be developed and rolled out by Google and you won't see an EE logo when starting up your phone.

Hope this helps.

James

Established Contributor

Preordering for Pixel 3 is up on bare cases.

https://www.bare-cases.com/products/bare-naked-for-google-pixel-3-3-xl

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.