by Allyywoodd Investigator
Investigator

Taxi companies charging for calls

Hi,

i was just wondering on why taxi companies charge me for my calls. I never knew anything about this but then I noticed iv gone over £10.00 on my bill

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Taxi companies charging for calls

01782 is Stoke area code. These numbers are included in your monthly allowances so the charges are incorrect.

Customer service or Live Chat have access to accounts and can investigate why you have been charged:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

🙂

9 REPLIES 9
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Allyywoodd what do the charges show as on your bill? Have you received any text messages from subscription services recently?

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What do their phone nos. start with? If 08 or 09, these are chargeable on most networks.

You can work out the prices from 0800, 0845 and other non-geographic numbers .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have unlimited calls and texts and the billing charges out the plan are £10.63. I was totally unaware that taxi companies can do this

Investigator

It’s 01782 number from around my area which I thought was fine but then they are still charging me 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

01782 is Stoke area code. These numbers are included in your monthly allowances so the charges are incorrect.

Customer service or Live Chat have access to accounts and can investigate why you have been charged:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

🙂

Investigator

Thank you!! 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no way you can be charged for calling a 01782 number itself. When you call that no. does it ask you to press a no. if you want to be connected or continue? Sometimes doing that can redirect you to a chargeable no. A bit like 1471 on a landline asking you whether you want to call the last caller back but it does warn that doing this will be chargeable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Allyywoodd

Thanks for coming to community to see us 🙂

I can see that you've got some great information and help from @tm90 and @XRaySpeX

Have you spoken with customer services yet?

I hope you manage to get to the bottom of this.

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.