by gandolph Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

TABLETS 'WONT' CONNECT

There must be somebody  out there who can help me. i have been trying for the best part of 4 weeks i have a nexus 7  and a hudl.tablets. i have a brightbox router. i go on any tablet .

go to wifi  and click then put in my password (off the back of my router) it then searches.

but it just say's authentication problem. i have put my password in dozens of times ,

in a dozen different forms. lower case/upper case one capital two and so on, nothing.

i dont know if it is my router settings or my PC settings. a little help would,

be really appreciated i also have a laptop on the same router and that works great.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: TABLETS 'WONT' CONNECT

Hi @gandolph.

Welcome to the community.

Is it definitely the correct router that you're trying to connect to?

Have you tried restarting the tablet, then going into WiFi settings and forgetting the network?

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The WiFi pwd of the Brightbox is 3 lower case words separated by hyphens ('-'). I believe some tablets, like the Hudl,  can't type hyphens. Are you including the hyphens?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

i am assuming its' the correct router it is the one that EE sent me. BrightBoox-fxdfmn.

i have tried every variation of the password i can think of still it wont connect

i looked in my router settings and the only other device is my phone .so i went on that ,

went to wifi, and then tried logging in with that password.it connected no problem .

so is it in setting.

by

Hi there @gandolph

Thanks for coming back to us.

Are you now connected on the tablets?

Leanne.

Valued Contributor

NO

by

Hi @gandolph

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you get in touch with us we will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.