cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Still waiting for Pre-order confirmation Galaxy S10

DannyBoyEE
Contributor
Contributor

I had the dreaded "manufacture delay issue" text on thursday after pre-ordering a Galaxy S10 with EE online. It nice of EE to offer £20 credit on my account but I'm still left in limbo as to when I'll have my new phone. No order or pre-order confirmation, no word from DPD, no time slot, not even an order number. Just my early upgrade payment taken from my account.

The worst thing is, my friend popped into an EE store this afernoon (without a preorder) and had his hands on an shiny new Galaxy S10 10mins later. Whats the point of Pre-ordering with EE??

Is anyone else having the same issues?

PS. I've already contacted EE CS but theres nothing they can do, they just say "you will have confirmation once we can stock to fulfill your order". I also called Samsung and they have confirmed they have plenty of stock and this is a EE issue.

Never thought upgrading would be so stressful.

19 REPLIES 19
Kostya336
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes. yes. yes.

Why can they provide relevant information different to what 150 will say? Or is that just another team full of people 2nd guessing what's actually happening?
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @DannyBoyEE

If you have already spoken to EE CS then there isn't much more than can be said on this forum as there is no account access here.

You will just have to wait, or call CS again and cancel your pre order and go into store if they have stock.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thank you for being most unhelpful. 

I asked if anyone else is having the same issues, to try shed light on the issue as EE CS have not... hense why I am on this forum.

If I cancel my Pre-order I will lose the trade in and ear bud promotion.

Hopefully someone else here can be more constructive/positive?

If the stores have stock shouldn't they be prioritising the pre order sales? 

And not in store sales.....

@Kostya336, No, sorry, that is not how it works, you just have to wait until EE get the stock in, which is down to the company that provides the product. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
DannyBoyEE
Contributor
Contributor

Update: still no further information. No confirmation of preorder. No DPD slot. No emails. No text? 

No idea if I'm getting a phone or not, just money out of my bank.

Hi @DannyBoyEE

you will get your device but the demand has outstripped the supply for some variants. This is being reported with other networks too.  As soon as a device is allocated to you, the DPD app will update with delivery info.

deliveries arrive on a regular basis and EE get them out to customers ASAP as they come in . 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @DannyBoyEE.

As @Watkins07 has mentioned, as soon as we have any updates you will be contacted.

Do you have the DPD app?

Did you get an initial confirmation email with a tracking number in?

Jon

I don't have the DPD app and I didn't get a confirmation email with a tracking number.

I did, however, get money withdrawn from my account.

Ps. Still no update, news today.

Thanks 

Danny