cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Spoke on the phone and live chat. S10 plus will be delivered today

Steve131
Investigator
Investigator

Got a text from dpd confirming delivery times for today. Spoke to live chat last night and ee customer services this morning and this is the case. I will be getting my s10 plus today 😊

29 REPLIES 29

I got the message that mine was ready for collection from the shop, so took time off work to go in and collect it.

Walked into the shop full of joys and walked back out empty handed.

I was told that they cannot release the handsets today irrespective of the message, as the official release date is 8th and Samsung are holding them to it.

If that's the case, then why send out messages telling people it's ready for collection?

Like you, I'm out of pocket now now to EE errors :grrr:

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Saftlad

The Samsung S10 is released on Friday March 8, and will arrive tomorrow if you’ve pre-ordered for a release day delivery. Apologies that you’ve been sent a text prematurely.

You can track the latest status of your delivery on our online portal at ee.co.uk/trackmyorder

Thanks, Leanne.

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hello there @Saftlad

The Samsung S10 is released on Friday March 8, and will arrive tomorrow if you’ve pre-ordered for a release day delivery. Apologies that you’ve been sent a text prematurely.

You can track the latest status of your delivery on our online portal at ee.co.uk/trackmyorder

Thanks, Leanne.

Yeah after numerous phone calls and speaking to dpd and ee managers finally got it sorted. Took a day off for nothing. Disappointing from EE 

@Saftlad wrote:

I got the message that mine was ready for collection from the shop, so took time off work to go in and collect it.

Walked into the shop full of joys and walked back out empty handed.

I was told that they cannot release the handsets today irrespective of the message, as the official release date is 8th and Samsung are holding them to it.

If that's the case, then why send out messages telling people it's ready for collection?

Like you, I'm out of pocket now now to EE errors :grrr:

Yeah not very well handled at all by EE

My order has been a complete and utter shambles.

Ordered on the 24th Feb, 512GB S10+ in Ceramic Black. Recieved email confirmation with order number (XKN....)

Called 150 on 28th Feb, told order is all ok, will recieve a text on the 7th from DPD letting me know my delivery slot for the 8th.

6th March receive an email from EE Digital sales team asking that i call - give them a call and am told that my order was automatically cancelled by their system as it hadnt been completed within 10 days (Strange that, considering the device hadnt been released yet..). Lady i spoke with re-ordered the device under the same order number, and recieved a text confirming my order with a tracking number. Told i should still receive the phone on the 8th.  

7th March call Digital sales team as my order tracking is showing delivery date as "Awaiting Confirmation". am told that the S10+ 512GB versions are apparently ALL delayed, and that EE will be crediting £20 to all people affected. Still no idea when i wil actually receive my new device. 

Anyone else having issues like this? The fact that my preorder was cancelled automatically is a joke - i wonder if it hadnt been cancelled would i have been receiving my shiny new device tomorrow....

Tonstar17
Contributor
Contributor

Got an email from EE today saying my s10+ has been delivered by dpd to an address and signed for in feltham. I live no where near there and isn't it supposed to be delivered on the 8th, not the 7th. Looks like I would not be getting my phone tomorrow and ee were not very helpful. Just palm me off and said to wait until tomorrow to see if it turns up. Unlikely, not a very good start for this new ee customer.

Similar here.

Preordered a S10+ at a local EE store to collect.

Got an email from EE with a link for the tracker on 1st Mar.

Another email from EE saying I could collect it on 7th (so I got a half day off work), and after a while, a text from EE saying 8th, both on 6th yesterday, then I got confused.

Having a chat on EE help, DMs on Twitter, asking on Twitter with @ee, they kept saying apologies for some texts from DPD regarding the delivery, to check on the tracker and I would get it on 8th if I had preordered for a release day delivery although I kept explaining I didn't ask delivery to my place but collection at a local store.

I've got nothing to do with DPD directly.

It is the delivery between EE and whatever freight forwarder EE use.

They didn't explain why EE have sent me the email saying 7th gave me wrong kind of informations and replies.

They basically didn't read my queries and gave me templated replies.

After few hours I still had no idea when to collect.

Then I've just popped in the local store today and finally one of the staff has confirmed that they had already received S10 kinds but I could collect it only when they open on 8th tomorrow.

Though the staff in the store was quite informative and helpful and he even offered me a free screen protector for inconvenience, the customer services and help through online chat, emails, texts and Twitter are totally messed up.

I'm not complaining the date I can get my phone is late or anything.

I just wanted to know when to collect.

I would have understood their circumstances without any frustration if EE have said to me they didn't know when but would let me know when available.

I have been using EE even from Orange but I now feel I should not have made another two years contract with EE.

They need to do something.

I hope we both can feel better tomorrow with new phones and good luck for the others 🙂

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

@kozo wrote:

Similar here.

Preordered a S10+ at a local EE store to collect.

Got an email from EE with a link for the tracker on 1st Mar.

Another email from EE saying I could collect it on 7th (so I got a half day off work), and after a while, a text from EE saying 8th, both on 6th yesterday, then I got confused.

Having a chat on EE help, DMs on Twitter, asking on Twitter with @ee, they kept saying apologies for some texts from DPD regarding the delivery, to check on the tracker and I would get it on 8th if I had preordered for a release day delivery although I kept explaining I didn't ask delivery to my place but collection at a local store.

I've got nothing to do with DPD directly.

It is the delivery between EE and whatever freight forwarder EE use.

They didn't explain why EE have sent me the email saying 7th gave me wrong kind of informations and replies.

They basically didn't read my queries and gave me templated replies.

After few hours I still had no idea when to collect.

Then I've just popped in the local store today and finally one of the staff has confirmed that they had already received S10 kinds but I could collect it only when they open on 8th tomorrow.

Though the staff in the store was quite informative and helpful and he even offered me a free screen protector for inconvenience, the customer services and help through online chat, emails, texts and Twitter are totally messed up.

I'm not complaining the date I can get my phone is late or anything.

I just wanted to know when to collect.

I would have understood their circumstances without any frustration if EE have said to me they didn't know when but would let me know when available.

I have been using EE even from Orange but I now feel I should not have made another two years contract with EE.

They need to do something.

I hope we both can feel better tomorrow with new phones and good luck for the others 🙂

EE use DPD regardless if it is being shipped to you or the store.

So you'll get the same text alerts as anyone having the phone delivered to their house/work.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

SmartSelect_20190307-180009_Chrome.jpg

This is the email I received from ee. No notifications or tracking info from dpd. It is supposed to be delivered to an ee store. I'm supposed to signed for it and provide Id. How the hell was this allowed to be delivered to the wrong address. Not very optimistic about getting it tomorrow.

@BrendonH wrote:

EE use DPD regardless if it is being shipped to you or the store.

So you'll get the same text alerts as anyone having the phone delivered to their house/work.

Thanks.

EE have never mentioned it to me.

Even if I knew that, their replies to my query on Twitter or online chat didn't make sense at all though.