by simpsonpaul1986 Investigator
Investigator

Sony Z5 Compact call echo

Hi all.

I have had a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact for a year now. Since around Christmas, I've had a fault where whoever I am speaking on the phone to has their own voice echoing back to them for the entire call. For the first approx. 10s of a call, the sound at my end 'stutters' too, before clearing itself.

The handset has already been back to EE for 'repair' (there's no physical damage to the phone) and I've tried hard resets, factory wipes etc, but the problem has returned.

Have you any tips, or can you advise on how to go about having the handset replaced asap?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sony Z5 Compact call echo

Hi, 

I don't think that's a handset issue as occasionally get the same problem over various handsets especially if I call a kcom number. 

Only way to replace it us to buy a new phone or upgrade depending on if you can. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @simpsonpaul1986,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Does the issue still go away when you activate safe mode?

Thanks

James

by simpsonpaul1986 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for replying. Yes, still does it in Safe Mode
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @simpsonpaul1986,

Please get in touch with customer services and let the technical team know that you are still experiencing the same issue after the repair.

They'll be happy to take another look at this for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.