by simpsonpaul1986 Investigator
Investigator

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact poor call audio

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact on EE. Whenever I make or receive calls, the sound quality is poor, with it constantly stuttering and cutting out.

The person on the other end of the line has a bad echo on each call too. This happens in poor signal areas and full 4G areas.

The handset was 'repaired' under warranty last week by the EE store (they couldn't see any damage, but have replaced parts of the speakers and rear of the phone, cleaned it, wiped it and updated software), but the problem has returned.

I've ran diagnostic tests - software is up to date and speakers are working fine. No other problems with the phone, so my thoughts were that it is either a damaged SIM, or the phone app is faulty.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try are welcome!

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact poor call audio

Hi, 

Try factory resetting your phone and if possible a software recovery from Sony (via the app if still available) to rule out any software related issues. 

I must admit in poor signal areas EE call quality is poor and I get similar problems as the ones you suggest on my S7 when the signal drops. 

You can also obtain a new sim free from any EE store so that might be worth a go. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by simpsonpaul1986 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try a SIM swap, however, I've just made a call
in Safe Mode and not had any problems.

It must be an app I have installed, will try a factory reset and re-adding
one by one.

Cheers,

Paul
by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.