by Username4 Investigator
Investigator

Sim 1 error 8

Hi

I cannot send texts, call anyone or use mobile data. Brings up the message "sim 1 error 8" which I cannot find anything about. My allowance has just reset (everything worked fine before this) and I have plenty of data, minutes and texts available but cannot use any of them. I can't even send texts to EE services (eg 150) and the (up to date) app will not let me log into my EE. I have received several MMS messages from EE but cannot open them. 

Roaming in the EU, I should be able to use my phone as if I was at home.

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Sim 1 error 8

@Username4, it appears that roaming has not been enabled on your account. Are you able to go into your account and check to see?

You may need to get EE to activate roaming on your account. If you are on a monthly contract and not pay as you go, you can use the live chat by going into your account, so long as you are a personal user, otherwise you will have to ring EE using another phone or something like Skype or Viber, so long as you have credit on them, but you will have to wait until the morning as customer service is now closed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Username4

Thanks for posting on the community.

How long have you been outside the UK for?

Can you try and select a network within the device settings?

Speak soon 🙂

Investigator

I've been away for a month now. I had to phone up to enable roaming when I arrived, and had to pay a deposit.

If I manually try to change the network from the current one it fails. If I use the "select a network automatically" option it will sometimes change.

Investigator

I also cannot access the "device and usage" part of my EE. App still won't let me in

by

Thanks @Username4

We will need to look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message on here with a link to our chat team.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Investigator

Must have been busy, working now!

by

Great thanks @Username4 🙂

Hope you get this sorted!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Great @Username4, thank you for letting us know.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.