14-02-2018 11:27 AM
Having made several pointless calls to ee in an attempt to secure even a single bar of signal, in an area which I checked coverage and therefore shouldn't be a problem, I have reached breaking point. Not just because the reception is mostly non existent, but to have received an email informing me that I'm about to pay more for what im not getting has made me a tad miffed. Is there anything I can do before I request a termination figure and move on? I don't use the internet at home so using a separate connection is not an option, plus it would defeat the objective. Thanks guys!
14-02-2018 12:45 PM
@Stuartsamwell Have EE acknowledged any ongoing issues in your area? Do others on EE in the same area have any issues that you know of?
14-02-2018 12:59 PM
Have you made sure the issue is with EE? Ask a friend if they have an EE phone to test it where you're not getting service.
If that does come up with the same result, and the Postcode checker says you should get decent service, then aside from getting EE to check for Network Issues is to leave I'm afraid.
I left O2 for EE for much the same reason. The service degraded to unusable despite being officially good. It turns out O2 had a request for a mast upgrade stuck in the local council planning for over a year, and the masts that were around couldn't cope.
14-02-2018 01:04 PM
Hey, yes during one of the calls they mentioned several ee customers in the area had complained fairly recently and they were working on it. That may have been circa six months ago..
14-02-2018 01:16 PM
@Stuartsamwell Can I ask is this indoors out outside?
14-02-2018 02:16 PM - edited 14-02-2018 02:18 PM
EE may well be trying to work on a local mast.
If they need any sort of Wayleave or planning permission, expect your friendly local council to be blocking it, because they're good at that.
If you can find the location of your local mast, and go to www.roadworks.org and put in the postcode local to it. Set to 3 months hence and look for any works in the area by either EE or a Telecomes subcontractor.
14-02-2018 02:38 PM
It is worse indoors but still bad enough out. The coverage checker said excellent coverage. As for waiting for a mast! 🤔🔫
14-02-2018 04:09 PM - edited 14-02-2018 04:10 PM