by Stuartsamwell Investigator
Investigator

Signal extremely poor. Thinking of requesting termination figure.

Having made several pointless calls to ee in an attempt to secure even a single bar of signal, in an area which I checked coverage and therefore shouldn't be a problem, I have reached breaking point. Not just because the reception is mostly non existent, but to have received an email informing me that I'm about to pay more for what im not getting has made me a tad miffed. Is there anything I can do before I request a termination figure and move on? I don't use the internet at home so using a separate connection is not an option, plus it would defeat the objective. Thanks guys!

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Signal extremely poor. Thinking of requesting termination figure.

@Stuartsamwell Have EE acknowledged any ongoing issues in your area? Do others on EE in the same area have any issues that you know of?

Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Have you made sure the issue is with EE? Ask a friend if they have an EE phone to test it where you're not getting service.

If that does come up with the same result, and the Postcode checker says you should get decent service, then aside from getting EE to check for Network Issues is to leave I'm afraid.

I left O2 for EE for much the same reason. The service degraded to unusable despite being officially good. It turns out O2 had a request for a mast upgrade stuck in the local council planning for over a year, and the masts that were around couldn't cope.

Investigator

Hey, yes during one of the calls they mentioned several ee customers in the area had complained fairly recently and they were working on it. That may have been circa six months ago..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stuartsamwell  Can I ask is this indoors out outside?  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stuartsamwell,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

Does the network status checker show any problems in your area?

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

EE may well be trying to work on a local mast.

If they need any sort of Wayleave or planning permission, expect your friendly local council to be blocking it, because they're good at that.

If you can find the location of your local mast, and go to www.roadworks.org and put in the postcode local to it. Set to 3 months hence and look for any works in the area by either EE or a Telecomes subcontractor.

Investigator

It is worse indoors but still bad enough out. The coverage checker said excellent coverage. As for waiting for a mast! 🤔🔫

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stuartsamwell,

Have you tried checking the network status checker rather than the coverage checker?

This will show if there are any problems in your area.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions