by Bovril59
Explorer

Samsung s6 nougat update?

Just wondering since ive been doing a lot of reading online and i just wanted to know if the galaxy S6 will be getting the nougat update or not?

Many Thanks

Elliott

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Samsung s6 nougat update?

Yes the S6 and S6 Edge will get the Nougat update.

This will be the last major update it will get.

It is due soon most likely in next few weeks.

But obviously no specific dates are available.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
32 REPLIES 32
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

by Bovril59
Explorer

Thank You Very Much

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Is this the s6 edge+ update? as my wife has had nougat on her ee s6 edge for a month?

I can put a s8+ 100% version ROM on mine now if it doesn't appear soon.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Did your wife buy her S6 from Vodafone? @Profile closed as at the moment they are the only ones to have released it.

You can't put the S8+ firmware on your device as it will brick it as they are comoletely different. This will not work.

The S8+ firmware hasn't even need released for download yet anyway. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Thought you was the Grand Master?

Check out Max Lee on youtube, I have it running perfectly from a leaked firmware.

My wife does have it offically downloaded on her EE s6 Edge phone, you need to recheck the information you give out first, before saying things.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed

Is that EE branded Android that Max Lee has installed on his EE device ?    As that is what your implying he has.     

The tag Grand Master is just a rank and its built up via a combination of posts/solution and not something that one can add themselves.   At present your just an Explorer and whilst @Brendonx is a grand master @BrendonH is not even though its the same person. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Get your wife to dial *#1234# and share the info. As there is no way she has officially downloaded Nougat on the S6 unless she has a Vodafone firmware phone.

The other firmware you are talking about is not official firmware.

So firmware is not even out yet.

What they are doing is rooting their phone which voids warranty and unless you know what you are doing you can permanently disable your phone.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I'm not implying anything, I'm saying you can have Nougat 7.0 with Samsung Experience version 8, a 100% port from a leaked firmware, right now.  You can brick the phone of course but its not complicated any more if you are a complete noob then don't do it, and as the s6 variants are all 2 years old now nothing to lose if you purchased out right like my self.  But EE are crap as like many service providers at releasing updates for phones, when nougat has been out for almost a year? 

EE's not helping by keeping quiet and saying zilch, even if its just something like its out next week, next month or 2months etc.  Saying nothing is just rubbish customer service, it takes 2mins to come on here and say one sentence once a week. That's all anyone on here wants to know especially if they are on a £40 mth contract or paid in full £550 for a phone.

This is where android phone manufactures, especially the big makers, will in the future start to become more like apple and start releasing updated via OTA.  Its the biggest single gripe that all non apple users complain about that if a phone has a bug you might not have it fixed for 3-6mths or you have to get a different phone.. its poor!

I will have to eat my own words on my wifes phone as I don't know what the below codes mean:

ap: 925FXXU5EQAC

CP: G925FXXU5EQAC

CSC: G926FOXA5EQB1

I do know that she is on a 24mth contract with EE and the phone came from them, if you says its not, perhaps shes owed an explanation on why the phones not UK or EE branded?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  Yes you are implying 

"Check out Max Lee on youtube, I have it running perfectly from a leaked firmware.". 

But you have not said it's EE branded so in other words it's not leaked EE software.   Infact the device he has is not even from the U.K. as the network T-Mobile that he mentions in his YouTube channel is T-Mobile US.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I never mentioned EE in my qoute? 

1.) I can put a s8+ 100% version ROM on mine now if it doesn't appear soon

Reply: You can't put the S8+ firmware on your device as it will brick it as they are completely different. This will not work.

My Reply: Check out Max Lee on youtube, I have it running perfectly from a leaked firmware.

?? What you took from that is up to you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So what you saying has nothing to do with the original post of this thread.  And your saying half truths and giving others the opinion that it's possible.   It's not EE branded Android and and that's what this thread was  about.   

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The firmware max lee has put on his phone is NOT the S8 firmware. 

It is a CUSTOM rom built by a developer who has made it look like the S8 ROM.

This is rooting your phone. This is not flashing any official firmware.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You say "It is due soon most likely in next few weeks." is this guess work or some facts?

Sounds like a guess, which you might just get luckly and it will most likely happen..

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Not sure why this answer

is the solution? you never gave a real date, its just as misleading then as my S8 rom? not much of a problem solver Brendo.. 

I will leave you to keep guessing at dates, I had fun...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

At what point is saying "most lightly in the next few weeks"   is a definite answer that it will happen in the next few weeks.   Its nothing like what you put as you said it was possible to get it and put it on the device what you didn't say was the device had to be rooted and it wasnt really N7 but was a reworked older OS with a look-a-like N GUI on it. You didn't divulge all the information and then when we looked at it it was quite clear that it wasn't really what you claim it was and you tried then to say it was us that misunderstood you.   This is a EE forum so if your going to make a claim about something that other customers can see its best to be clear on what you put and not give half truths like you have done.   

Thanks. 

by Kmach1 Investigator
Investigator

Its crap of EE.

Definitely going back to Vodafone at the end of this contract  £45 a month for 3 rate services.

O2 have released 7 on my partners s6.

My S6 edge plus 64 gig still on 6.

Your pathetic EE Bloody pathetic!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kmach1

Iv'e responded to you here as I can see you have posted multiple times on this subject.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by lainward29
Explorer

hi 

when will the SM G255I Samsung s6 get the update? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lainward29

Thanks for coming here to community 🙂

We have no information on this.

The device will show a notification when any update is available.

Thanks.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.