by mazzledazzle Investigator
Investigator

Samsung galaxy a5 cannot connect to wifi network

Hello, Hope someone can help. My Samsung did an update on Saturday and ever since, I've had issues connecting to my home broadband. At first it just was intermittent connection but now, my phone wont even search for any wifi networks. The slide button wont turn on at all. 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Samsung galaxy a5 cannot connect to wifi network

Hi @mazzledazzle

Try forgetting the wifi network on your device, and then connecting again. If not back up and factory reset your device. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @mazzledazzle and welcome to the community.

After following the wonderful advice of @Northerner in regards to the forgetting and connecting back to the WiFi please can I get you to try the following.

Clearing Cache:

• Turn off the phone
  • Press and hold “Power”, “Volume Up”, and “Home” at the same time
  • When the “Samsung” logo appears, release “Power
  • At the “Android” logo, release all hardware buttons and after a moment you should see the “Android system recovery” menu
  • From here, press “Volume down” repeatedly to highlight “Wipe cache partition
  • Press “Power” to select the highlighted option
  • After the cache is cleared, “Reboot system now” should be highlighted
  • Press “Power

Then try connecting, let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this but to no avail unfortunately. The bluetooth also doesn't work which I forgot to mention. Any other suggestions?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like both WiFi & Blootooth are both broken on your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi thank you for your advice although it wont allow me to get as far as forgetting the network as the wifi toggle wont even turn on. The bluetooth also wont turn on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's why it looks broken.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yes it would seem that way wouldnt it. The next option will be going into store to see if they can fix it or send it off or something.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @mazzledazzle

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you do pop into an EE retail store they will be able to help you.

If not, see our ways to book a repair help page.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.