by JazzyRich Investigator
Investigator

Samsung a70 wifi calling keeps dropping calls

I live in an area with poor ee 4g signal (Near Taunton). I have 2 Samsung A70's and both drop calls (incoming & outgoing) frequently when on WiFi calling. I was wondering if it's a known issue? The thing I thought of was that the call starts on Wifi then when the phone picks up the weak 4g signal it moves to that and drops because the signal is so poor. Just to note, I have EE Broadband as well.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung a70 wifi calling keeps dropping calls

Hello there @JazzyRich

Thanks for coming to the community.

Does the WiFi Calling indicator show on your phone's lock screen when this happens?

Have you recently updated the software on your phones?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Investigator

Leanne_T

When using the phone I don't think it goes to a Lock Screen, just disables the screen when place to the ear and reappears when removed from the ear. When the phone is not in use and locked, the Wifi calling icon is shown. I did call Tech support last week, but they wanted to call me back on a home phone, which I don't have as they wanted to run some diagnostics and also the call kept dropping as I was at home on Wifi calling!!!!!!!!

My last update was 25th August and just checked, I am on the latest version

Thanks

Richard

Investigator

@Leanne_T 

When using the phone I don't think it goes to a Lock Screen, just disables the screen when place to the ear and reappears when removed from the ear. When the phone is not in use and locked, the Wifi calling icon is shown. I did call Tech support last week, but they wanted to call me back on a home phone, which I don't have as they wanted to run some diagnostics and also the call kept dropping as I was at home on Wifi calling!!!!!!!!

My last update was 25th August and just checked, I am on the latest version

Thanks

Richard

by

Hi @JazzyRich

Thanks for coming back to me.

How long has this been happening?

Have you tried restarting your router?

Also, have you reported the signal problems in your home area on our EE Network Status Checker?

Leanne.

Investigator

@Leanne_T 

This has happened since I got the new phones on the account in July. It took me about a week to set up WiFi calling, so say 2 1/2 months.

It's always been the same. The broadband router does get re-started on regular occurrences.

The village I live in is a locally known "black spot" for EE signal which is surprising considering we are only 3 miles from the centre of Taunton. The online coverage checker does have my postcode as outdoor only, which is why I upgraded the phones to enable WiFi calling.

It is becoming annoying now as I have to disconnect from WiFi on the phone and go outside to get a 1 bar signal when I want to make calls. Was OK in the summer but a bit nippy now it's turning into Autumn 

Thanks

by

I can imagine, it is getting very cold @JazzyRich

Could you try putting your phone onto Airplane mode and see if you stay connected to WiFi calling?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

@Leanne_T 

Hi Leanne.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Airplane mode does not allow access to the internet or use WiFi calling. The phone says "Turn off Flight Mode to make this call"

Thanks

Richard

by

Thanks for confirming this @JazzyRich

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.