by Mada Investigator
Investigator

Samsung S8 Update for Google DayDream

Hi, 

I have a Samsung S8 from EE. 

I am awaiting the update for S8 so I can install the Google Daydream app that is now compatible with my phone.

I have spoken to Samsung UK and given them my phone details but according to them the update is dependent on EE.

Can I please find out when my phone will receive the build NRD90M.G950USQU1AQG4?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mada

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Samsung S8 Update for Google DayDream

@Mada  Any updates will be pushed out when EE are happy with the software that Samsung is making for them. Your device will notify you when any updates are ready to be installed.

by Mada Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply Chris. 

Samsung UK have informed me that they have in fact already sent the software to EE some time ago.

My question is more to do with the timeframe from EE. Any way of figuring out how long they intend to take?

Seems a bit unfair because had I bought the phone from Samsung or for that matter from the other mobile network providers, I would not have had to wait this long for the update. Not that a few days matter but it has been two weeks since the official release from Samsung. 

M

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

As far as I can tell using Sammobile. No network has released the update for daydream yet. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Mada Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply Brendon.

I just checked Sammobile myself and I stand corrected regarding updates from other mobile network providers for S8. Having said so, my initial question regarding timeframe of update from EE remains. Are there any official moderators for this forum from EE? Or am I better off giving EE a call?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mada  You asking EE to commit to a date and unfortunately EE will not do that.   Your asking EE to inform other networks when they will push this out. 

by Mada Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply Chris. 

I am not sure what this has to do with other networks? 

I frankly do not see what the big issue is with EE informing their cutomer of the release date. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Mada My s8 plus had a software update over the air the other day from Ee with build 

NRD90M.G955FXXU1AAQG5 this is not shown on sammobile yet but this is the latest one even that the sim free BTU is running have you tried a manual check for updates as that’s what I did 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Titos Investigator
Investigator

Does that mean that the Daydream update has happened?

Does anyone have daydream running on ee?

I'm about to upgrade a phone but I need daydream for work. However if EE still haven't done this I'll have to go elsewhere..

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE has an update 10 days ago on the S8.

BTU firmware last updated on 30th July. EE has newer firmware than BTU. Not sure if ay fo these have Day Dream though.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Titos Investigator
Investigator

So have you managed to install Daydream from the play store on the S8?  If anyone manages can they post a "yes"? Thanks

by Titos Investigator
Investigator

Samsung S8 update for daydream

Has anyone got daydream running yet on an EE Samsung S8? Has the update happened?

EE Customer service couldn't answer this when I contacted them.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.