by Andy_Sparkes
Explorer

Samsung S7 edge - WiFi calling not showing in settings?

Please help. 

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Unlocked from Vodaphone now using EE sim. 

No Wifi calling in settings menu. Called EE they have now turned on WiFi calling. Reboot phone, install latest software update.

Still no WiFi calling option available :0( 

EE tech support useless, as they tried telling me that you had to buy an EE phone to get it as they do something at the factory to make WiFi calling work. To which I told him that was rubbish as I own 3 iPhones all bought from Argos unlocked and have never been near an EE factory and they all work with WiFi calling. 

Is is there a way to reflash the phone with factory Samsung software and get rid of the carrier default software?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung S7 edge - WiFi calling not showing in settings?

Hi @Andy_Sparkes,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry, we cannot guarantee phones purchased from third parties will support EE WiFi calling.

Thanks

James

by Andy_Sparkes
Explorer

But the phone is capable, this is purely a software issue. Because it was previously a contract phone from Vodafone this is the issue, how do I re-flash the hardware to remove the carrier Cr*p!
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andy_Sparkes  You will have to do a google search on how to do this, because if your brick your device this will be your own decision to do it and EE or anybody here is not going to take responsibility for your own decisions. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.