by garfieldthecat Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge dual sim SM-G935FD: compatible with wifi calling?

As per the subject. EE's website states that the s7 edge is compatible with EE's wifi calling, even if the handset was not bought directly from EE. However, does this also apply to the dual sim versions of the S7 edge which are sold in the UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian countries?

There are multiple dual sim versions of the s7 edge. The most common seem to be the SM-G935FD (Singapore) and the SM-G9350 (Hong Kong). There seems to be contradicting feedback on the internet, so an official answer from EE would be most helpful - or at least the experience of a user who has already gone through it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy s7 edge dual sim SM-G935FD: compatible with wifi calling?

The answer is yes! It is possible to flash the UK BTU firmware of the single sim version onto a dual sim phone, retaining dual sim functionality but also having access to wifi calling with EE. I have found all the details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/s7-edge-dual-sim-wifi-calling-ee-uk-t3589658#post72312...

Of course there's always a chance of bricking your phone , so ou do this at your own risk.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

There are other threads on this topic but to be clear no only EE firmware and European BTU firmware has the VOWIFI option. 

Firmware for other regions doesn't have this option. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

Thanks. May I ask where the other threads are?

Also, how about the other phones which should be compatible with EE's wifi calling, eg the S8, S8+ and the Huawei P10? All of these come in dual-sim versions, too. Are the dual-sim versions compatible with EE's wifi calling?

This guy said that he managed to flash the sm-g935f firmware onto an sm-g935fd , ie a single sim firmare onto a dual sim phone.
http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2016/04/26/wifi-calling-on-unlocked-galaxy-s7-handsets/#comment-302918...
He claims he retained dual sim functionality, but failed to get wifi calling to work with Vodafone. However, Vodafone states on its website that only Vodafone-branded phones work with its wifi calling, whereas unbranded phones should work with EE's wifi calling. I'm very surprised you can flash the firmware of a single sim onto a dual sim, but I'm wondering if this trick would work with EE.

Established Contributor
Solution

The answer is yes! It is possible to flash the UK BTU firmware of the single sim version onto a dual sim phone, retaining dual sim functionality but also having access to wifi calling with EE. I have found all the details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/s7-edge-dual-sim-wifi-calling-ee-uk-t3589658#post72312...

Of course there's always a chance of bricking your phone , so ou do this at your own risk.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.