by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S9

So who is getting the S9?

I currently have the S8+ and I am on the upgrade programme with Samsung.

I am unsure myself as it's not really an upgrade for me as I don't really take pictures

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
4 REPLIES 4
by Steven42000

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9

I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S9 but looking at packages on EE I'm going to be switching to Virgin as its nearly £20 a month cheaper with insurance included. I hate to leave EE as I've been with them for a lot of years but£82 a month is insane compared to £64. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Steven42000

Welcome to the community. 🙂

There are lots of reasons to stay with EE, and we'd love you to.

Have you spoken to our upgrades team?

Chris

by Jay-Samsung Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Steven42000,

It's great that you are looking around to get the cheapest deals rather than just accepting <£80+ pcm at first glance.

Samsung Experience Stores are currently doing the S9 and s9+ interest free (with 10% deposit?). You could potentially stick with EE as a SIM only deal and get the phone elsewhere. Carphone warehouse can also upgrade your EE contract so may also have better deals.

I have multiple contracts on both O2 and EE, and out of loyalty I always speak to their retentions team after I have found the cheapest/best suited deal for me just to see if they can match it. They usually do.

I think that's a pretty diplomatic comment 😄

The S9 and S9+ are amazing handsets. If you have any issues with them, speak to EE or pop into your local Samsung Service Centre.

Kind regards,

Jay

by cubz Investigator
Investigator

I was going to upgrade to the S9 but the prices are ridiculous. I found a cheaper option if I was to take out a new line. But it seems EE are declining this when I order it via a 3rd party but are happy to allow it if I order from them directly at almost double the cost. Therefore, after over 15 years with EE (formally T-Mobile) I will be switching to a different network. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.