by KarlosBandidos Investigator
Investigator

Samsung Galaxy S9 battery life

Got a brand new S9 last month but am shocked by the battery life. From a full charge when I check the battery via the optimise menu it tells me I will get 13 hours usage! From 100% charge. I have reduced the resolution on my screen, reduced the brightness, put all apps to sleep once used but I'm still having to charge daily, sometimes twice.

Do I have a duff battery?

When I rang Samsung directly they seemed surprised how little life I got out of it. 

Anyone else had this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 battery life

Hi @KarlosBandidos

You battery life depends on your usage and what apps you have installed. Its worth running device maintenance under settings as you might have some app/service running which has crashed and is draining your battery. 

Also go into battery settings and see what apps/services are draining your battery. Services such as VOWIFI and WIFI are low voltage but still drain your battery especially with other apps checking for updates (facebook, twitter, whatsapp, etc...) 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Team

Hi @KarlosBandidos,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Did you have a chance to try any of @Northerner suggestions?

Once you've made the changes monitor them for 24 hours then if there is no change you could speak to our Live Chat who will be able to help further.

Alex

Investigator

Thanks. @Northerner @Alex_S

I already use device maintenance after every use of the phone to make sure everything is put to sleep properly. There is a game I play Jurassic World Alive which is a battery killer, but should my phone be telling me I will only get 13 hrs use out of it directly after charging to 100%?

My old S7 edge would regularly give me 23 hrs even using the same apps.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KarlosBandidos,

Are you actually seeing poor battery performance in day to day usage or is it just the estimate that is low?

If you disable the game you mentioned, does the battery life increase?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi @James_B

I fully charged to 100% last night before I went to bed.

This morning with no use it had dropped to 96%

I quickly checked the usual social media + emails for no more than 10 minutes + a couple of updates - I am now at 88%

I am going to see how today goes - by not using that game, just general usage, and see If I can make it without needing to charge during the day.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KarlosBandidos,

That doesn't seem normal.

I would get in touch with customer services so our technical team can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.