by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S8

So Samsung has previewed 2 teaser videos for the S8. They have also opened up pre-registration to be one of the first to find out what they are talking about.

Both teaser videos don't show the actual phone but gives you an idea of how thin the bezels are going to be.

I personally can't wait until it comes and will be pre-ordering it the very first day/chance I get. Personally I will be going fr the S8+ version.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
8 REPLIES 8
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8

We looking for a change and going for LG G6 but its not got wireless charging and the DAC over here.

So S8 would be next but so hesitant to go for anything other than a Pixel with updates as poor as they are.

by Red5 Contributor
Contributor

Can't wait to get the new S8!

I'm going to buy direct from Samsung though, because EE don't bother to pass on the regular security updates to customers phones!

My EE S6 Edge still has the May 2016 security patch. 

Urgh!

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I am buying direct from Samsung as well. They do that pay monthly option (24 month contract) (via PayPal) and they pay the upgrade fee after the first year so you ould have the possiblility of upgrading to the S9 free of charge.

The last security update on my S6 Edge is October (Three Mobile, but leaving them next month)

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If you have links to the the payment options that be good to share.

It right to help people avoid EE but if they provided the service we want and deserve people wouldn't seek alternatives.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I am going via Samsung then getting a sim only contract (most likely with EE, as their service is far better than Three where I live and work)

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The payment options won't appear until the phone is up for pre-order. They did the exact same thing for the S7 when that came out

Link to Cart for Blue Coral S7 Edge

This shows you'd pay £28.66 a month with Samsung via PayPal.

They only offer the free upgrade deal for a short time when the phone initialy comes out.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

As ever I will also get mine from Samsung but I will be waiting 1 month to ensure there are no issues like exploding batteries. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @Northerner

Samsung has issued the following statement: 

Samsung has introduced multiple measures to improve battery safety and quality, including an all-new 8-point battery check. For further information, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-story/note7-press-conference-detail/

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.