Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Samsung Galaxy Note7: Important information

[ Edited ]

At EE, our customers’ safety is of the utmost importance. This update contains important information for anyone who has received a Samsung Note7 device from EE.

Update, 15 December, 3:20pm

We still have a small number of customers who are in possession of a Note 7 device despite having made repeated attempts to contact them to return it.

From Thursday 15th December, Samsung is rolling out a new battery software update to all remaining Galaxy Note7 devices in Europe that will limit the maximum charging capacity of the devices to 30 per cent. 

Samsung’s top priority is customers’ safety, as is ours, so this will encourage those who are still in possession of Note 7 devices to return them and to help keep our customers safe.

If you are still in possession of a Galaxy Note 7 please call us on 150 from another EE device or 07953 966 250 from any phone to arrange its return as soon as possible.

Please see the the official guidance from Samsung.

We once again apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We remain in continuous communication with Samsung and will keep this topic updated with the latest information as it becomes available.

Please also feel welcome to leave a comment with your questions or concerns, and we will be happy to help.

Thank you. 

Your questions answered 

•  What is the issue?

Samsung has advised that based following their investigations, they have identified an issue with the battery cell in the Note7 which caused it to overheat in a very small number of cases.

•  Are other devices impacted?

This only affects the Samsung Galaxy Note7.

• Are other operators doing the same thing?

Samsung has halted manufacture and distribution of all Note7 devices globally and permanently, and is asking that customers return them from all operators.

• How will you contact me?

We are in the process of texting and calling customers who have received their Note7 devices to arrange their return and discuss options. 

We recommend that Samsung Note7 customers put your EE SIM into another phone if you have one, for example the phone that you used before receiving the Note7 if you still have it, so that we can text and call on your EE mobile number. However, we will also contact Note7 customers on the alternate number associated with your account, for example their home landline, and will email if we can’t reach either of those numbers.

• Do I really have to return my device? I heard it was just devices in Korea/elsewhere that had issues?

Product quality and safety are the most important thing here which is why we have recalled all of the devices that have been sold, and we strongly recommend you return the device to us. If you keep the device you are doing so at your own risk. 

• I've just experienced the battery cell issue with my Note7 , what do I do?

Please contact us immediately and we will support you and take the appropriate action.

• Can I get a refund?

Yes, we will refund any deposits or payments made on a Note7, subject to return of the device if you have one.

• How long will a refund take?

It can take 5-10 days for a refund to be processed.

• Samsung is asking me to contact them to arrange returns, should I go through them or EE?

We’re recommend that customers return their device through EE as we can discuss all options available and provide temporary or alternative devices.

• Can I cancel my order and buy something else?

Yes, please contact us on 150 or in-store to discuss the options available.

• Will I be compensated for the inconvenience?

If you pre-ordered to receive your device three days before launch, we are providing 8Gb a month of extra data as a gesture of goodwill.

• How do I send my device back?

Customers who already have their device should either take it to their nearest store, or call us to arrange for delivery. 

We will email you a label to enable you to drop off your device at a DPD collection location from where it will be shipped back to our distribution centre.

• I don’t have my old phone anymore, I was planning on using the Note7 – will you loan me a phone? If so, what type of phone will you provide?

Yes, we have a arranged to provide Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge devices to customers who are returning their Note7 while we wait for new Note7’s from Samsung.   

• How will I get my loan phone?

Our advisors will discuss this with you when they speak to you.

Do I need to give the loaner phone back?

Customers who take a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on loan from us will need to return it to receive an alternative permanent replacement, however, if the customer prefers to keep the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge they can just let us know. 

Previous updates from EE

• 22 September:

Due to the recent safety concerns on the Galaxy Note7, Samsung instructed customers with the device to switch it off and contact their supplier as soon as possible.

EE considers the safety of its customers to be of the utmost importance, which is why we contacted all affected customers when the issue was first identified on September 2nd to exchange their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge while we worked with Samsung to get new Galaxy Note7 stock.

We’ve received that replacement stock and after conducting additional testing and inspections to ensure our customers have the best possible experience, we’ve started to contact our customers to arrange delivery of their replacement Samsung Galaxy Note7.

We continue to work closely with Samsung and relay the latest guidance to our customers as quickly as possible.

For more information from Samsung, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/uk/note7exchange/

• 12 September:

If you are an EE customer in possession of the Samsung Galaxy Note7, we will have contacted you about the exchange programme.

In the light of Samsung's latest statement we will be contacting you again, even if you have declined a replacement for your Note7, to inform you of the need to switch off the device and return it to EE.

EE considers the safety of its customers to be of the utmost importance and we strongly advise that all Samsung Note 7 phones are exchanged.

• 1 September (tap to read)

Please leave your comments below and we'll be happy to help.

1,233 REPLIES
by
Explorer

Re: You can now pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

why is it that ee is not giving away the new gear vr headset with the note 7 when             

vodafone 02 and three as well as samsung are 

by
Brilliant Contributor

@chileshe32 I have to agree with that @James_B any ideas the other networks are doing it and most did with the s7 edge too 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by

Hi @chileshe32 and @Damienw1,

The free Gear VR promotion is available with an EE contract through our participating retail partners.

Thanks

James

by
Explorer

Because BT now own EE so forcing BT sports onto us instead of the vr headset.

by
Explorer

It's disappointing that EE are choosing to make BT sport compulsory on there contracts now. Especially as not everyone wants sports. How about giving two different types of contacts with and without.

by

Good Morning @Davidsr412012

We're not forcing BT Sports onto our customers.

It's an additional new service that customers can benefit from, if they wish to sign up for it.

The VR Headset is a Samsung offer unfortunately not a Network offer.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
Explorer

I pre ordered this on Wednesday as an upgrade on my contract. I can't remember and would just like to be reminded when delivery will be? All I remember is that if the device is preordered then you get it early... But when? Thanks 

by

Good Afternoon @WaleedHaibatan

Some pre-orders do guarantee an early delivery.

I need to find out if this is the case for the Note 7.

Leave it with me and I'll be back in touch soon.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
Explorer

Thanks Karen. All I remember is the sales agent telling me that I should receive it on the 26/8 or the 29/8 but just want to confirm this as I never received a text after the call confirming the purchase 

by

No problem!

Speak soon. Smiley Happy

by
Established Contributor

Rang Monday to pre order my note 7, nice chap said I was still a few days over my 90 day upgrade date but not to worry I'll waver that since upgrading, but didn't have note7 price plan till Wednesday & would ring me back,   nothing all day Wed so I rang ee back to be told could not upgrade till Aug & so couldn't pre order a note 7.

Said I was promised one Monday, guy said I was told wrong!   Hung up rang back again was told the same by a woman, been told wrong can't pre order till middle of Aug,  was pretty p'ed off so asked for PAC code. 

A guy rang me back asking if had used PAC yet, said not yet,  he's said "let me see what I can do"   ta da  I have a note 7 coming 30th Sep  for £45 instead of the £55 for 10gb 

Got there eventually   cheers 

by
Brilliant Contributor

@sbones Nice one shame you had to have all that hassle but sounds like it was worth it in the end Smiley LOL

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Established Contributor

Hi I was told will get it 3 days before release, said 30th Aug, & will get a txt from courier giving me a time slot 

WaleedHaibatan wrote:

I pre ordered this on Wednesday as an upgrade on my contract. I can't remember and would just like to be reminded when delivery will be? All I remember is that if the device is preordered then you get it early... But when? Thanks 

by

My contract is due for renewal at EE.  Does anyone know if the friends and family discount can still be applied if I upgrade throught the carphone warehouse?

Also, how come the upgrade deals on the site arent as good as the normal deals in the shop part of the site??

by
Established Contributor

bobster999 wrote:

My contract is due for renewal at EE.  Does anyone know if the friends and family discount can still be applied if I upgrade throught the carphone warehouse?

Also, how come the upgrade deals on the site arent as good as the normal deals in the shop part of the site??

Don't ask don't get, as Keith Lemon says. 

Least upgrading you get to renew 45 or 90 days early. 

by

Hi @sbones

You would to upgrade with EE directly to get your friends and family discount.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Established Contributor

Don't hold me to this, but,  our US cousins have been getting a code in their note 7s to enter on samsung website to receive a free 256gb micro sd card or a gear fitbit 2. 

I asked if was just an American thing & someone thinks it's a worldwide promotional thing. 

Fingers crossed 

by
Contributor

Hmm,  couple of issues with the new Note 7

1)  The FM Radio function is disabled.  Bad Idea as I enjoy listening to the radio a lot when on the road and a reason I won't be upgrading - no radio, no purchase, simples!

2) Price is not right.

I've just carried out a spreadsheet exercise based on my current tariff comparing with the the minimum upgrade tariff and found that it would be cheaper to either wait a year for the retail prices (unlocked vesion) to come down a hundred quid or more, or buy the full retail price (estimated at £730) and still save over £260 compared to the minimum tariff for a 24 month contract.

If EE want to offer me a special discount on purchase (wholesale prices not retail+interest) I'd be happy to listen to their pitch.

Smiley Indifferent

And turn the radios back on in the chips.

by

Hello there @worldmaker

Are you with us already on contract?

If so give us a call the team will see what they can do.

I love the radio too and use a radio app they work a treat!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.