by vipa316
Visitor

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Constant Rebooting = No Update possible?

About a month ago my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 started to constantly reboot. With no apparent solution to this, I downloaded Wakelock which has stopped the phone constantly rebooting at the cost of a little in terms of battery life.

If I were to turn my phone off, or attempt a manual restart, it simply will not restart. I have to manually remove the battery and constantly try to have the phone restarted.

I get the 'Downloading - Do not turn off target...' message on restart, so by holding the home, volume down and start button, the phone finally restarts.

I now have the option to download the latest software update. Having tried this three times now, once the update has downloaded and a phone restart is required, the phone doesn't automatically restart and the update fails.

Does anybody know how I can get the phone updated with the latest software?

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Constant Rebooting = No Update possible?

Good Morning @vipa316

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

You can download the latest software via the Samsung Support pages on their website.

The other thing to check would be how much available memory you have on your device - if you don't have at least 10-20% available you won't be able to complete the update.

Hope this helps!

Pop back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.