by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Samsung 'Blue week' cashback issues.

re. Samsung 'Blue Week' promotion - several devices are supposed to qualify for cashback if bought before 24/12/2018 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/blue-cashback/

But they have refused two claims I made this week following upgrades to new Samsung Galaxy J4+ phones. These are on their list for £30 cashback each.

I went through all the info they requested, entering in loads of info. I got claim numbers - but then they say they cannot accept the EE delivery note as proof of purchase as it does not show the date of purchase, only the date despatched.

As anyone getting contract phones will know, you don't get a proof of purchase as they are direct from EE, not bought in a shop. 

I would suggest that the info displayed on the various EE pages is therefore invalid as you can't get cashback as suggested, Samsung refuse ! 

:: Fibre Plus Broadband & EE TV + Essential Plan 500MB
21 REPLIES 21
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung 'Blue week' cashback issues.

Hi there @Gordon57

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Did you get an email confirmation with the date you placed your order with us?

Leanne.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Nope. It was done on the phone with the retentions team in Darlington. I got a text or two to notify me of the delivery but that was all. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thinking back. I've always obtained new phones through someone on the phone at EE. I've never had a 'proof of purchase' or any other 'paperwork' bar the delivery notes. The only time I did was when I bought at the (then) Orange shop, years ago. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Gordon57 you should of got a delivery note with the phones.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yes, and I said in the original post that Samsung will not accept it as it does not show date of purchase, only the despatch date. No use telling them its the same date, the will not accept a delivery note, the terms and conditions of the offer say 'proof of purchase'. that shows the date bought.

by

Hi there @Gordon57

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Replied, thanks

by ChrissR3 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Did you manage to get this resolved? I have the same situation, Tried supplying a screenshot of the email and the delivery note but Samsung wouldnt accept it as they say 'The delivery note shows the dispatch date and my email doesnt show a completed order' ...

by

Hi @ChrissR3 and @Gordon57

I have sent you both a private message if you could please take a look. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@ChrissR3 wrote:

Hi, 

Did you manage to get this resolved? I have the same situation, Tried supplying a screenshot of the email and the delivery note but Samsung wouldnt accept it as they say 'The delivery note shows the dispatch date and my email doesnt show a completed order' ...

I had a call from someone in the EE Social Resolve Team who sent me some letters to pass on to Samsung but they don't seem to have done anything  about the case as the status is still showing they want information. 

I've replied to Katie_B's PM with the claim numbers just now and hope she can help resolve this.

A big company like Samsung should understand that phones sent out on contract like this don't have a 'proof of purchase', just the delivery note. 

by ChrissR3 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Gordon,

Similar case with myself at the moment, did a live chat with EE and got a letter sent over, which I've since passed onto Samsung earlier this morning, I had a email which I could reply direct to, I've also replied to Kate. In regards to Samsung, Yeah it seems like a oversight of the process... I added the Galaxy Watch as a extra device and did it online so didn't get any paper work they ask for.

by asholloway
Visitor

Has there been any update on this as I am experiencing the same issue. I have uploaded my latest bill which shows the required information but my claim automatically gets rejected.
by ChrissR3 Investigator
Investigator

Katie managed to sort me out and my claim has now been confirmed

by

Hi @asholloway

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me :)..

Speak to you soon, Katie.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just tried sending a PM to @Katie_B but getting a message to say I've exceed the number of private messages I can send. 

I did all that Samsung asked, sent them photo's of the boxes with the IMEI numbers, photo's of the delivery notes to match, plus letter from EE to confirm purchase.

There were two claim numbers, I gave both and got a non-commital response 😞

They said: "Thank you for providing us with all the necessary documentation.
Your claim has been provisionally approved for payment yesterday at 23:08:03."
Anthea @ Samsung Promotional Support Team  20/12  18:28

But, that approval was before they sent a message to say the claim had been turned down... I really don't know what they are playing at... 

Gorgina @ Samsung Promotional Support Team 19/12 22:39
"I located a claim with your details for IMEI 3xxxxxxxxx59. If you would please attempt to make a new claim with your reference number, I am confident that it would go through.
To explain the reasoning, it appears that although you put a claim in using your proof of purchase for the Black J4+ (IMEI 1546) you actually input your wife's IMEI in the IMEI field and thus, when you're attempting to claim for her phone, it is bringing up an error."

I also have email from Daniel @ Samsung Promotional Support Team  19/12 23:12 which says "Thank you for resubmitting your claim, I can confirm that this has been validated. You will receive a separate email containing more information about this."

As I have already said, I replied with the photographs and so on... 

by

Hi @Gordon57

Please try another browser or logging out then back in, once you're able to please private message me. 

Thank you, 

Katie 🙂

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Hi this is the issue I have also. Purchased 19th..delivered today and Samsung won't accept the document as not all info is on delivery note. What can I do?

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Katie B please could you advise what to do?

by

Hi @Janey83

Welcome to the community.

I've sent you a private message asking for some more information, please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.