by boca Investigator
Investigator

Samsung A5 ( 2017) will not flip screen vertically ( even with auto-rotate on)

If I set "auto-rotate on", i can rotate my screen left or right and the screen will flip accordingly to portrait mode.

If I turn the phone through 180 degree , it will not flip vertically... any thoughts why?

13 REPLIES 13
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Samsung A5 ( 2017) will not flip screen vertically ( even with auto-rotate o

Hi, @boca

No!

But you could try turning your Samsung device off and re-starting it!

This sometimes "fixes" most issues, because it's like a mini software re-boot!

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Samsung A5 ( 2017) will not flip screen vertically ( even with auto-rotate o

Hi, @boca,

Do you watch youtube by any chance? Because i've noticed the same issue happening on youtube quite a lot and I need to flip my device over, two or three times before working again!

mAh8v

by boca Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I tried that but no joy.

Also, the same thing happens on my wife's A3...

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @boca,

Ok!

I'm going to tag! @David,

He maybe able to offer you some further assistance!

It's probably something fairly simple, but i'm flumoxed with this issue at the moment!

Regards

mAh8v

by boca Investigator
Investigator

yes, it's erratic with Youtube but still will not invert vertically.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @boca,

Erratic with youtub, I agree! It was so bad I finished up disabling it! 😞

This is a long shot which might not work but you could try it!..

Try turning the "auto rotate off" in the settings menu and then try re-starting your device! See if that fixes the issue!

Good luck 😊👍

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @boca,

I've just looked up the issue you're having with the Samsung A5, in google's search engine, and samsung are suggesting doing the same as I suggested to you, but with "Auto rotate" turned off!!

mAh8v

by boca Investigator
Investigator

HI,

thanks for the suggestion.

I turned off auto-rotate, rebooted, then re-enabled auto-rotate...... but no joy.

TIA, Tony

@Profile closed wrote:

Hi, @boca,

I've just looked up the issue you're having with the Samsung A5, in google's search engine, and samsung are suggesting doing the same as I suggested to you, but with "Auto rotate" turned off!!

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @boca,

I'm so Sorry!

My suggestions did offer much help! 😞

Do you live in the UK?

It might be an idea to take your device in to a local EE shop/store and see if they can fix this issue for you!

Cheers Boca 😊👍

mAh8v

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed I have had issues with auto rotate on my note 9 when it was on 8.1 it's working ok now it's on Pie.

by boca Investigator
Investigator

@Profile closed wrote:

Hi, @boca,

I'm so Sorry!

My suggestions did offer much help! 😞

Do you live in the UK?

It might be an idea to take your device in to a local EE shop/store and see if they can fix this issue for you!

Cheers Boca 😊👍

mAh8v

Thank you for trying.... I'll pop into EE.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @boca,

Good luck! 😊👍

I wished it was a better outcome! For you!

No need to reply to this MSG!

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @David,

I knew it! This issue is something to do with either software upgrades or google messing with with setting's as they so often do!

One of google's recent updates managed to turn my home page setting off! This was "NOT" done by me!!

mAh8v

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.