by PaulMac4
Explorer

SIM not provisioned

Hi. I received my new Galaxy S9 from EE yesterday and set it up last night at approx 6pm. It is now 10am and the SIM is yet to be provisioned. It's a bit inconvenient that I am unable to make or receive calls. Any suggestions how I may speed this up? Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: SIM not provisioned

Hi there @PaulMac4

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you registered your new SIM card?

Is your old SIM still working?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by PaulMac4
Explorer

Hi Leeanne. My nephew did it last night for me (I'm old lol). He said he followed the instructions but it might take a while. My old SIM in my old phone isn't working either. Thanks.

by

Hi @PaulMac4

Thanks for coming back to me 🙂

Can you try restarting the Samsung to see if this gives you service to the new SIM card?

Leanne.

by PaulMac4
Explorer

Hi Leeanne. I switched my new phone off and back on again. I was able to make a call and read three texts from EE. Problem now is none of my contacts, text history or Apps are on my new device. Thanks. Paul.

by

Hi @PaulMac4

This means your SIM is active for you 🙂

Have you transferred these from your old device?

They would not transfer with the SIM card.

Leanne.

by PaulMac4
Explorer

Hi Leanne. Pretty sure my nephew did it last night when he had a lead connecting the two phone's together and said it was transferring my stuff then he left. Can't ask him cos he's at work. Maybe I should take it to my nearest EE shop if it can't be done online or over the phone?

by

Hi @PaulMac4

After he did that for you, could you view your contacts on the new phone?

Our EE Store will be happy to help if you decide to pop in.

Leanne 🙂

by PaulMac4
Explorer

Hi Leanne. No i wasn't able to view the contacts. I'm going to call into my local EE shop later this afternoon and hopefully they'll resolve the issue. Thanks again for your help. 

by

No problem at all @PaulMac4

Come back if you need anything else 🙂

Leanne.

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@PaulMac4

@Leanne_T

Contacts are either saved to the SIM, saved to the phone or linked to your Google account.

In a lot of cases, they are saved to the SIM, so when you insert a new SIM, you will need to re-add/copy them over from the old SIM.

Secondly, you could use your old SIM, set all the contacts to be backed-up to your Google account, then they will follow you, no matter the phone you have.

Your downloaded apps will be backed up to the Google account, so they should start downloading over Wi-Fi when you log in to your new phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.