by Profile closed
Not applicable

S9+ 256GB Gold

So from what I can see on the Samsung website the gold 256GB variant of the S9+ only comes in dual sim.

Is the version EE stock dual sim?

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: S9+ 256GB Gold

Hi @Profile closed The Sunrise Gold is exclusive to EE in the UK, so unlikely to be a dual sim version.

Let us know what you think of the phone though if you buy it!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@chistery wrote:

Hi @Profile closed The Sunrise Gold is exclusive to EE in the UK, so unlikely to be a dual sim version.

Let us know what you think of the phone though if you buy it!

That's a shame to be honest and EE are missing a trick.

I carry two phones for work one on EE and the work phone on Voda but I can have my email on any phone so would end up using my EE line more if it was dual sim.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Why not purchase through Samsung direct. I know it won't be that color but you can then get a dual sim phone

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

The phone is £929 plus SIMO of £17 (3GB UL Mins & SMS) a month for 12 months which would end up costing me £1133. 

The contract from EE with my 10% discount comes in at £38.70 (4GB UL Mins & SMS) plus £70 upfrint will end up costing me £998.8.

Going via EE oddly is better value and you get a bit more (a saving of £134.2 and an extra GB of data)

If I buy direct then I don't have to mess around reflashing the ROM with EVR to ensure that I get all network features too. While they might work out of the box at the moment there is always that small chance EE could change things.

Dual sim would is a notice to have but not really essential.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's a shame that dual sim phones aren't that popular here. I wonder if the networks fear they will lose business because of it, and how do you put your own network bloatware on a phone that will be used on other networks by design.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@chistery wrote:

It's a shame that dual sim phones aren't that popular here. I wonder if the networks fear they will lose business because of it, and how do you put your own network bloatware on a phone that will be used on other networks by design.

That will be the reason why they arent sold here but if they are then I bet GiffGaff would be the first to sell them

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@chistery wrote:

Samsung's are easy enough to do as the firmware for the G965F (single sim) is the same as the G965FD (dual sim) so they'd follow the same development path anyway. You're still liable to pay the fees for the contract you sign up for so technically do they lose much if anything at all?

O2 have been stocking OnePlus which is dual sim for some time and it doesn't seem to have done them much harm.

Dual sim phones work well elsewhere in the world and there's no good reason for UK networks not to stock them (even if they cost a little more).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.