by Nanas03
Explorer

S8 wireless tethering

Hi,

I am having an issue with tethering.

I have an android car stereo that I am trying to connect to my mobile hotspot on my S6. It says it's connected to hotspot but not to the internet.

Have tried changing name/password of hotspot but to no avail.

I have nearly 1gb of mobile data available & phone connects to internet without issue. 

I am able to connect laptop to my mobile hotstop and use internet without problem. 

The android car stereo will connect and work on my home WiFi. It just won't connect to internet on my phone WiFi hotspot.

Very strange, any advice is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: S8 wireless tethering

Hi @Nanas03

Welcome to the community.

Is there any information regarding this on the instruction manual for the car stereo?

Are you able to connect any other Android phones to it?

Chris

by Nanas03
Explorer

Hi Chris

No unfortunately the instructions do not cover this issue. They only give basic instructions to connect to wifi.

I've not got access to another android phone though will try connecting stereo to an iPhone7 later on.

Is hard to know if it's the stereo or my phone that has the issue. There's not much information online about this I can find

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by
EE Community Support Team

Yeah that's what I was thinking, @Nanas03.

If you're able to connect another phone, we'll know if may be something to do with the software or settings on your phone and vice-versa if another phone doesn't work.

Let us know if you manage to give that a try and we may be able to help further.

Thanks and good luck. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.