by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

S8 Super Slowmo

I know every answer to this question but i'm hoping for the one i really want.

Can EE find out if the latest update for the S8 that includes the new Super Slowmo feature has been tested and signed off for release.

I'll write i know a few times in a second to preempt the usual answers to this sort of question but i'm hoping for a miracle and the question is asked further up the chain.

This is one feature i actually use and really need.

1. I know

2. I know

3. I know

4. Yes my device will tell me if there is an update.  We actually it didn't last time and i found out my manually checking.

5. Yes i know

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: S8 Super Slowmo

Hi @Bellyman

I have the most up to date firmware on my S8+ and only have slow motion. I don't believe the hardware on the S8 allows the same super slow motion you get on the S9. 

Plus if it was available then Samsung would have released it by now as most camera add-ons are updated/available via the Samsung's app. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: Where on it do you find Slow Motion?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX

Go into the camera app and swipe right. It's where all the extended options are. 👍🏼

If you click on the crodpss it will take you to the Samsung store and you can download more options like the ones I have below: Screenshot_20180917-202633_Camera.jpg

The camera on the S8 is still one of the best imo. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Yes @Bellyman it has only JUST been released by Samsung. So EE are not behind.

Your phone will tell you when it's available.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bellyman wrote:

Here's some info

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/9gilgh/update_september_security_and_more/?utm_source=red...

I downloaded the AR Emoji already but it doesn't show up, just installed. I will let you know when I have downloaded the update. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @Northerner. My unbranded S8 is at the same state as your unbranded S8+ & does not have Super Slomo.

So, @Bellyman, EE is not behind the curve (yet).

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The curve is getting longer as carriers across the world roll this out.

I was asking if EE could confirm if they have seen the update, done their checks and signed it off for roll out.

That would give us some idea of where we are in the process, nothing wrong with that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I have today Super Slomo on my unbranded S8 with firmware update CSC = G950FOXM4CRI5

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks

Still no one from EE picking up on this .

In house email has always been an easy thing to do in every telecom company I've worked for . So I've never understood why EE find it hard to ask questions in house to answer questions from the public.

I'll keep checking manually for updates

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX you got the standard S8?

Nothing on my unbranded S8+ yet

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I have Swiss unbranded (AUT).

• UK unbranded (BTU) has not been updated yet.
  • UK EE (EVR) was updated on 16 Sept, 2 days before mine, but as it has a diff CSC I can't tell if it's the same level as mine or catching up on some earlier version.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Ah ok. I have UK unbranded BTU

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

• UK EE (EVR) was updated on 16 Sept, 2 days before mine, but as it has a diff CSC I can't tell if it's the same level as mine or catching up on some earlier version.

UK EVR was updated to the first 1 Aug Patch. there was another update by Samsung for this 1 Aug Patch as the first release was flawed.  As EE appear to be skipping every other update I reacon we might see the CRI5 update by November... 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@terracuk wrote:

@XRaySpeX wrote:

UK EVR was updated to the first 1 Aug Patch. there was another update by Samsung for this 1 Aug Patch as the first release was flawed.  As EE appear to be skipping every other update I reacon we might see the CRI5 update by November... 

BTU (or mine at least) never received a 2nd update in August with August patch.

I received my August patch very early on in the month.

We are now nearly October and I don't have September patch.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

@terracuk wrote:

@XRaySpeX wrote:

BTU (or mine at least) never received a 2nd update in August with August patch.

I received my August patch very early on in the month.

We are now nearly October and I don't have September patch.

Something odd seems to be happening in the UK this month. Normally, Samsung release the monthly patch around mid-month but it was early last month and absent this month. It might be because some versions of the August patch had bugs or it's just Samsung muddle again.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I’ve done a little bit of checking, the roll out of the September update for the S8 seems to have stopped/paused on the 20th September with Argentina. Before that new countries were being released every day. I would guess that when they resume it will be a revised update.

(There was an EVR update on the 16th but this was a second version of the August update.)

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The roll out for the S8 started again with Vodafone versions in Europe and Unlocked in South America.

Bizarrely some US S8+ customers are getting a version with the October security patch. (This isn't the first time Samsung has released the patch early).

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

BTU and XEU September updates are , as of last week, available from Smart Switch on a PC, but are not yet available OTA.

It includes AR Emoji and Super-Slow motion.

As far as I can tell only Three and Vodafone are yet available OTA.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions