by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

S8 Pie update. It's here!!

Well there it is...

20190305_084011.jpg

Off to S10 direct from Samsung now so no more EE delays in updates. Really wish EE made much needed improvements to the service over the years but more than that I wish they'd even acknowledged there where actually issues.

Enjoy.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: S8 Pie update. It's here!!

@Bellyman  You know full well that Samsung creates the update and unless EE are happy with that update then Samsung have to recreate that update.   So you could say the issue is with Samsung not creating the updates quick enough for EE. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Screenshot_20190307-003835_DeviceKeystring.jpg

Yes, I got it today for my unbranded firmware Smiley Happy & foolishly d/loaded it whilst off WiFi. No harm done Smiley Happy!

It's not yet been released by Samsung yet for EE (EVR) firmware.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I got it few days ago.

I got it early for being a beta tester

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Virgin mobile use EEs network and thus would connect to the same multi mast network. I believe it also has voice over LTE and wifi, yet the Pie update is out.

What is so different?

Also why is the difference different everytime there's an update?

For example Samsung say oooh EE needs XYZ ok lets do that for them.  Arrrh another update and now EE need XYZABC.  Oh no another yeah another update EE now needs XYZABC123.

As i said the delay is not the worst part the lack of acknowledgement is.  This could be acknowledgement at a high level that changes could be made to streamline the process and bring EE XYZ's not such a delaying factor ot acknowledgement to its customers of the issues, challenges and provided information.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.