by hannah0311 Investigator
Investigator

S7 sound

The sound on my Samsung S7 has been turning on and off. It goes on when i'm using an app like YouTube or Netflix for a few seconds then switches off and doesn't return. I only got it in December. There are no sound issues with the notifications. Anyone else having this problem? Is it a hardware/ software issue? TIA

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: S7 sound

Good morning @hannah0311

Welcome to the community 🙂

This sounds a little frustrating for you, so I will try and offer some help to fix it 🙂

Are you having sound problems with any other areas, like calls?

Have you got the latest software version downloaded on the phone?

Are you a pay monthly or a pay as you go EE customer?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard,

No, the sound only seems to go on media apps like games and YouTube.

I checked the software and updated all apps immediately - everything is up
to date.

I am a pay monthly customer.

Thanks!

Hannah
by

Hi @hannah0311

Thanks for the super quick reply 🙂

Please check out the How do I adjust the volume on my Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge? Samsung help and support page.

Where I have linked you to shows you how to adjust the volume specifically for APP's

Fingers crossed this will solve the problems.

Please have a look and try and let me know.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I appreciate the suggestion and I had a go at looking at it but it isn't a problem with the volume. The volume can be at maximum and the sound cuts out. It may return for a split second intermittently but this itself is rare.

The first this I did was adjust the volume!!! I think I might have been a bit embarrassed if that was the problem!!!

by

Absolutely not @hannah0311

What I have done is sent you a private message here  which you can access.

You can have a live chat with a member of our Technical team.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it for you.

Richard

🙂

by R050588 Investigator
Investigator

Hi did you manage to resolve this as I have the same issue but it happens with calls aswell

Investigator

Nope, not resolved. I did a factory reset for a second time, it worked for about half an hour and has now started to go again. Right now i've watched 20 mins of a show on iplayer but the sound has gone again. Very annoying. No time to get to the EE shop either which was pretty much the only advice I was given.

by

Hi @hannah0311

Thank you for sharing the outcome 🙂

I'm sorry that this isn't fixed for you.

If you need any further support or a live chat then please see the get in touch pages.

Have you also spoken to Samsung Support or been to a Samsung Support centre for advice?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I haven't been to a Samsung store because there isn't one near me. I've spoken to the online chat team who told me that the only thing I could do was a factory reset and if that didn't work it would need to go into a store. Unfortunately I haven't had time and I'm not paying through my insurance because I'm concerned it's a fault with the phone rather than damage.

Get Outlook for Android
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @hannah0311

After you tried the factory reset did you test before putting any data back on the device?

Also do you have a memory card in the phone?

If you speak to Samsung Support they'll be able to give you some advice, it may be a fault they're aware of.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@hannah0311 wrote:
I haven't been to a Samsung store because there isn't one near me. I've spoken to the online chat team who told me that the only thing I could do was a factory reset and if that didn't work it would need to go into a store. Unfortunately I haven't had time and I'm not paying through my insurance because I'm concerned it's a fault with the phone rather than damage.

Get Outlook for Android

You won't need to go through insurance. 

All Samsung products come with 2 years warranty.

You don't need to send it back to Samsung either.

EE should do this if you bought direct from them.

If not take it to any Carphone Warehouse store (doesn't matter if you didn't buy from them)

If it's a repair store they will try and fix it there of not they will send it to their central repair centre.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Well thank you! If that works that is a far more helpful suggestion than I've had so far!!!

Get Outlook for Android
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.