by Shauneeyy
Visitor

S7 edge moisture

S7 edge is giving me a moisture notification and won't charge I've tried everything and won't work

Any ideas or anyone I can speak to?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: S7 edge moisture

@Shauneeyy  You only get that issue if the device have  surpassed the IP rating.  But the device has an IP68 rating 

the 6 means it's dust tight and not dust will get in.

the 8 means the device is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. Normally, this will mean that the equipment is hermetically sealed. 

The device has somehow got  moisture inside it, the best thing you can do is turn the device off and leave it somewhere warm so it can dry out.   24/48 hours at best. 

Just to add any Samsung warranty doesn't cover the device get wet.  

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Shauneeyy  You only get that issue if the device have  surpassed the IP rating.  But the device has an IP68 rating 

the 6 means it's dust tight and not dust will get in.

the 8 means the device is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. Normally, this will mean that the equipment is hermetically sealed. 

The device has somehow got  moisture inside it, the best thing you can do is turn the device off and leave it somewhere warm so it can dry out.   24/48 hours at best. 

Just to add any Samsung warranty doesn't cover the device get wet.  

by neils31 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I got this when the charging contacts were wet - i just blew the mositure out and the warning disapeared

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.