by MikhailCompo Investigator
Investigator

S7 - Repair Center Say Water Damage and Pics Online Prove It.....

.... But I have NEVER even splashed my phone, and there are no pictures for the case at repairs.ee.co.uk. They say they have already sent my phone back to the EE shop and have given me no options at all or right to complain.

As far as I and the guys in the shop were concerened it was a screen replacement issue "yeah, seen it before its definitely the screen" they said.

Do EE think this repair company are infallable and are incapable of making mistakes? How do i challenge their decision?

Very angry at the moment, I feel that this decision is due to my being in month 23 of a 24 month contract.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: S7 - Repair Center Say Water Damage and Pics Online Prove It.....

Hello @MikhailCompo only customers service or Live Chat online have access to accounts to check these details in more information:

https://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Liquid damage can be caused by anything such as rain, body sweat or excess moisture in the air.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@MikhailCompowrote:

.... But I have NEVER even splashed my phone, and there are no pictures for the case at repairs.ee.co.uk. They say they have already sent my phone back to the EE shop and have given me no options at all or right to complain.

As far as I and the guys in the shop were concerened it was a screen replacement issue "yeah, seen it before its definitely the screen" they said.

Do EE think this repair company are infallable and are incapable of making mistakes? How do i challenge their decision?

Very angry at the moment, I feel that this decision is due to my being in month 23 of a 24 month contract.

It's actually very easy to show if there has been water ingress.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204926/

The S7 has a water ingress indicator, and as the device is IP68 would indicate a significant ingress event if it trips.

See the link for the location of the indicator and how to see it. It is under the SIM Card tray and once you get the phone in your hands you can check it yourself.

If it has been tripped, it is not covered under warranty. If it hasn't, you should esclate your complaint.

by
EE Employee

Hi @MikhailCompo and welcome to the community.

Thank you for contacting us today.

I have sent you a private message, so I can get some details from you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I will add that of course you can contact Samsung Directly, as your warranty is valid with them also for 2 years post purchase.

They can also inspect the device and repair it also if it is found to be a warranty fault.

Investigator

This is my second S7, the previous one developed a fault with the charging port and after taking it to my local EE shop they returned it and it was replaced with a completely different unit which appeared new (i presume it was a reconditioned one) but came in a protective jiffy bag and nothing else.

How can I tell if the water indicator was 'tripped' on the replacement phone before I received it - how can I tell what has happened at all in the lifetime of that replacement phone as it has not been with my since new?

@lee Thanks I will forward details to you when i get home.

Investigator

Yeah, I'm sure they will accept liability.............

by
EE Employee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.