by adbhuk Investigator
Investigator

S7 Edge SD cards not working

Had my EE Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge around 7 months now. Last month the Samsung SD card I had came up corrupted and stopped working in any phone and in my PC. I purchased a new SanDisk and a new Samsung SD card, tried the SanDisk one first, formatted this and set up. Moved apps and after a day it was corrupted too. I reset my phone to factory and tried the new Samsung SD card which was formatted etc, after an hour this SD card had become corrupted. This SD and the SanDisk one works ok in my PC. 

Any ideas on why this is and how to fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: S7 Edge SD cards not working

Hi @adbhuk

As @Profile closed advised it definitely sounds like the phone is at fault!

I would recommend giving Samsung a call or popping to one of their repair centres to see if they're aware of any faults like this.

Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @adbhuk it sounds like you have a phone that enjoys eating memory cards!

to save yourself any money I would recommend looking into repairing/replacing the phone through warranty or insurance if possible. 

Since you you have already tried a full reset on the phone and still have the same problem there is not much else you can do now other than risk trying another memory card. 🙂 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @adbhuk

As @Profile closed advised it definitely sounds like the phone is at fault!

I would recommend giving Samsung a call or popping to one of their repair centres to see if they're aware of any faults like this.

Hope you get it sorted!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.