by adamantium

S7/Edge Nougat update

I've seen this across countless posts.  It is absolutely ridciculous that other MAJOR networks such as O2 have rolled out the Nougat update for this phone and EE seems to be taking their sweet time.

I feel like I have no other choice apart from installing stock firmware other than the one that EE provides.  I really wouldn't mind losing VoLTE and WiFi calling as I feel like I'm missing out on what the majority of other S7 owners have.

For the "fastest network", you seem to be slow on these updates EE.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: S7/Edge Nougat update

Hi, 

Thanks for the comments but you will see there are many threads on this topic in the Android forum. 

EE firmware isn't BTU and needs to be tested to ensure it meets EE network needs as it includes access to services other carrier don't have. This takes time and when any update is available your phone will tell you. 

If you install BTU you will still have access to VOWIFI. The firmware your phone is currently running is more than adequate. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi, 

Thanks for the comments but you will see there are many threads on this topic in the Android forum. 

EE firmware isn't BTU and needs to be tested to ensure it meets EE network needs as it includes access to services other carrier don't have. This takes time and when any update is available your phone will tell you. 

If you install BTU you will still have access to VOWIFI. The firmware your phone is currently running is more than adequate. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Little20 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My partner has a S6 and already had her update... .

All other networks have fully rolled there update out but yet again we are waiting EE!!

Not really the UK fastest network 

by Joshua111 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

my s7 edge on ee is currently upgrading to nougat as i type this check if you have the update 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.