cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What I usually do is just send all photos and videos to my old Pixel 2XL because that still has free unlimited Original quality uploaded for a bit, and upload them at full Res on that.

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would have serious problems with reduced quality. (plus I use raw photos as well which takes a lot of space) but it's not just the photos. I use the phone for everything (even instead of a computer during the week which is why I'm always going for the high end phone) I need to have a lot of things on it.

Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah high capacity SD card are still expensive, makes more sense to just carry a portable SSD or hard drive, or better yet just upload them to a network storage device when your at home.

Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I spoke to EE yesterday, at first was told open order means it's stuck waiting to get picked at the warehouse so need to cancel my order and replace it, then they will be able to get it to me straight away 🤨

So obviously I said "Yeah going to the back of the line after waiting over a month and a half ain't an option, never mind losing the free buds"

So we chased it up with another department, to be told "Yeah still waiting on stock, that's why it's showing as open"

Now gone from being told within 7 days last week, and 14 days the week before, to no idea again 😅

Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh and asked if I could get any credit on my account seeing as when I early upgraded, was advised to have my phone reset and ready to ship back before the S20 Ultra arrived on the 10th march.

So not only have we been waiting a month, had the phone I'm still paying for sitting there doing nothing because it's reset and now got no SIM in it...

Was told but I still have the SIM to use so they can't give me anything, regardless of if the plan cost includes a fee for the phone 😒

Did say to try again and say I ain't happy when/IF we actually get the phone, so I'll give that a shot and hopefully with more luck, not holding my breath tho.

Even tho we deserve something back, after all this.

Sorry for the long winded reply, just thought you should all know what I've been told, even tho you may get better luck.

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If they told you to reset before receiving the new handset, this is wrong. Based on that and the inconvenience occasioned, surely they should do something.

But you have to be firm. If the answer from an agent doesn't satisfy you, ask them to call their team leader, of for the person to contact you (in case of self isolation at home). 

Richiekent
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ok so just spoke to ee uk and the gentelman told me that they are not to order any more s20 ultra 512gb as they have over ordered and that because I have already made my order he can't give me a date of when it will arrive as there stock says 0 and they have no delivery date expected and I should reduce my order to the 128gb as they have that in stock and can be with me in 7 days I even though have lost a lot of confidence in getting this phone have decided to wait a couple more weeks to see if I receive it and if I don't will change order then just keeping you all updated on what I know and I'm in the UK so might be different elsewhere 

ChrisLUFC
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I was told the 512's are 'unavailable' and EE have no idea when they're coming. So basically all the '7 days' '14 days' 'soon' rubbish we've been advised has been complete lies and guess work.

I wonder, how are the likes of Very getting their stock but EE can't seem to fulfil one single order? It's not like EE are new to the phone game or novices...

Stay safe everyone.

Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same, my cut off for giving up waiting is the 14th when OnePlus announce there new phones.

Depending on what they show I'll either go for their highest model or a different model S20 series and just invest the savings in a pocket friendly 512GB-1TB NVME drive and external caddy, so i can still benefit from fast storage.

And thanks to USB-C on phones, it shouldn't bottleneck the NVME.

So that's my plan B

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I think I'll get this to increase the storage capacity: Samsung EVO Plus 512GB MicroSDXC with SD Adapter

£ 83.14  inc. vat

Smallest price I've seen for a legit shop (to avoid a card with fake parts inside and having to test it).