cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Richiekent totally agree with you, going to have a conversation once I've got the phone in my hands.

Richiekent
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If we get the phones in our hands 

Good news or bad news guys..my phone got delivered but our lass didnt hear the doorbell so missed it, hopefully get it tomorrow if she remembers..another day won't hurt as it's been that long..I'm sure someone up there doesnt want me to get my hands up!!

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For those concerned, how to you send your current phone back: prepaid label or special delivery label (which we have to pay for)?

The return envelope seems rather thin to offer any real protection.

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@77cats the last time I sent my old phone in I made sure I got some bubble wrap bags and cut cardboard panels for both surfaces 👍🏽

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would consider paying extra to send as a signed for delivery and also consider options that'll insure the parcel should it go missing.

With the delays due to post office workers being off in isolation, your phone will be spending more time knocking around in a sorting office.

If the phone doesn't make it back to EE for whatever reason you're going to be severely penalised on your next phone bill.

And Dave is exactly right about applying extra protection to your old device rather than just the envelope provided. I've had post office staff refuse to even take the item without additional protection.

If you have a phone case I'd consider sending the phone in that as well just in case it's dropped.

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I was set up weeks ago 😂😂😂

Great news. Your order is almost ready

Want to get set up while you wait? Check out EE Help today.

07 Apr 2020

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just found this helpful tip about proof of purchase for the Buds plus offer.

What to do is dial *#06# on your mobile, this will show you 4 or 5 Barcodes showing information including the IMEI number and other relevant information. Take a screenshot of this and upload it, this is what I had to do to have my claim validated. I hope this helps.

I had no luck trying to find the extended date for claims though as currently it shows claims must be in by 12th April.

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Dave1458

10.   Claims must be submitted between 00.01 (GMT) 10 March 2020 and 23:59 (BST) 31 May 2020 (the “Claim Period”). Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/terms/

My Buds+ have just been delivered by Yodel, I sent claim to Samsung on 31/03.

It has taken 8 days since the claim was made for them to arrive.

Delivery time when I made the claim said within 45 days, so that was a nice surprise!