cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Waiting for my own text from DPD now that I moved to a Black 128Gb.

It was supposed to be delivered today so it's strange to move from the team of those waiting for the 512Gb without any news to those waiting for DPD.

Yet, EE already counts 14 days from today (to return the other phone). I'll make sure to make them change it to 14 days when I actually receive the phone.

I probably won't need more than a couple of days but it's annoying to see them doing this kind of things, especially to people who've been waiting for weeks.

Edit - fixed typo from Swiftkey's stupid autocorrection.

• 128gb,I changed it as dont think I'd get the 5 anytime this year.👍🏽
5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@77cats I was told you have up to 40-42 days to return your old handset due to the virus pandemic.

I confirmed it with the guy who processed my order on Saturday 😉

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@5hIfTyDid just the same and waiting as well from DPD now. I'd go and collect myself if they could just confirm they have it.

I just thought I would add to this conversation with what I have experienced so far.

I ordered on Friday and within half an hour had 3 confirmation emails from EE regarding the order/upgrade. Everything was as expected so far. The email stated the delivery was estimated today.

I was then expecting a follow up email from EE or DPD to say it was on its way, and never received this. This morning I was expecting the delivery as per initial email and did not receive any text from DPD. EE tracking via order number just told me my order could not be tracked at the moment. It was now the day of estimated arrival and I have had no further comms regarding my order so I decided to ring up. The agent I spoke to explained the device I had ordered S20 Ultra Cosmic black was actually out of stock but they were expecting it back in stock very soon. I was very confused about this as the device had been showing in stock the whole weekend on the website. After a few hours I rang again and this time was told the device was actually in stock, my order was picked and will be with me tomorrow and to expect text from DPD tomorrow confirming a delivery time slot. It is now almost midnight and EE tracking still says my order cannot be tracked and have had no confirmation DPD have my order yet. Fail to see how my device is going to be with tomorrow either if DPD do not even have it yet. 

I don't think I have ever been left so in the dark about what is happening with something I have ordered online before. I understand this is probably due to the affect COVID19 is having on the warehouses etc, but to have the EE website say that orders are still being dispatched as normal with excellent service levels across the network must be the biggest load of waffle ever.

To make things even better I have now checked and the S20 Ultra Cosmic black now shows in stock EXPECT TO BE DISPATCHED IN 14 DAYS 

I paid to upgrade early, if it was labelled pay to upgrade some time after 14 days I would have been less likely to spend 350 to upgrade early and 50 for the new device...

My partner is with Vodafone and they have been transparent when purchasing things that there will be at least 1-2 weeks for delivery. EE led me to believe I would have my new device next working day which clearly is now not the case

I ordered on 8th March a grey 128 ultra decided to ask for a black one on Friday and received it on Saturday 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Email received from DPD.  Delivery initially scheduled on Monday should be on Wednesday the 8th (128Gb black reorder on the 4th). 

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@77cats had exactly the same text about 10 minutes ago 👍🏼

How much easier would it have been if EE said the device would arrive within 2 to 3 days? I don't understand the strategy of over promising and under delivering?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow eh.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Had a reply from Samsung itself, they say we're expecting stocks to be replenished third week or last week of April on the website. So hopefully EE gonna have a stock too 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

will that be the 512gb?