cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

a friend of mine is also waiting for the same phone and rang them just to double check EE have received a update from Samsung they have discontinued the 512gb and that they will only be issuing 128gb so not only that EE have lied and didn’t even bother to communicate with the customers but instead its us chasing them so essentially ive waited over a month for a device that is discontinued and if i amend i will loose the buds pretty bad if you ask me

update the manager took the call over and saying any future orders for the 512gb and that they are only honouring the current preorders 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For those tempted to cancel their order of a 512 to get a 128:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/feh2yf/s20_ultra_128_gb_vs_512_gb_differences/

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Joshua111 What do you mean by discontinued?

Edit - so it's only for future orders? 

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

basically the advisor on my friends phone which i listened in to they have discontinued the line however when the manager took the call over they will still honour the current pre orders seems alot of misleading on EE’s part its quite infuriating 

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Joshua111

That would explain why I can't find it on the website, although on the business one it's still there and they said it is available for delivery!!

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

its quite annoying with the false and misleading information they provide to their customers which one day will backfire it certainly is starting to get on my wick 

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@rhiang1984 yep I said as much this morning, left hand don't know what the right hand is doing, I wonder if it's EE discontinuing the handset or Samsung 🤔 EE of old have done this before.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I will await the EE phone call and let you know hopefully receive the long awaited phone!!

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Joshua111 

If the 512 doesn't turn up I'd seriously consider going for the 128gb model.

I have looked into the differences extensively and for the overwhelming majority the additional RAM and storage will be overkill.

I looked on my current phones device care information to check how much memory and storage I am currently using and the 512gb would be pointless! I've used 30gb of 128gb and that includes loads of videos. I've got 6GB of Ram and still have nearly half of that available meaning unless I dramatically change my usage habits, the S20 12GB Ram will be heavily under utilized.

Have a look at your storage and memory usage and it'll give you some idea of how to go forward if the 512gb news is nonsense.

I've swapped this morning to the 128gb and feel instantly relieved that the guessing and delays are over, new handset due to arrive Monday.

Whatever you end up doing, thanks for the updates bro! 

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm going to hold out for the 512gb but failing that it'll have to be the 128gb, I just found myself checking out the Apple 11 pro max but that'll be a step too far 😂😂😂