cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Dave1458I totally agree with you, why is it that we have to chase them for an answer?! Wish EE could just step up and apologize to us for no proper communication in regarding to the phone, we been waiting just over a month now for this phone 😭

@Dave1458  My order with EE was placed feb 24th and still no update aside from that stupid "great news your order is almost ready" text that just repeats itself on the "your orders" page of EE.

Very- ordered yesterday afternoon and paid 1400 for it - 100 less than EE, dispatched at 8.32 pm and tracking shows its now with my local royal mail office to be delivered today.

going to wait for it so i can be sure theres no screw up, then call EE for that fun conversation.

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@stu1982 tbh EE have brought this upon themselves, you and many more will understandably leave due to what at best is very poor communication, at worst the sheer arrogance of thinking they are "the number one" network and forgetting what that means in terms of how they treat their customers.

Just had an online chat with the business side of this amazing company. Pretended to be interested in the 512gb version and apparently there is no stock on the business website. The response I got was "sorry the websites havent been updated for some time" 🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a company ! 

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

nearly spat my tea out with laughter 😂😂

I pre ordered a s20 ultra grey 128gb on 8th March but still not received it so rang just now and was told if I changed to black I'd have it tomorrow but have to pay £9.98 delivery. And she would credit that back to my account. Let's see what happens 🤔😂

I pre ordered a s20 ultra grey 128gb on 8th March but still not received it so rang just now and was told if I changed to black I'd have it tomorrow but have to pay £9.98 delivery. And she would credit that back to my account. Let's see what happens 

I was told this yesterday so changed it to black for delivery today but heard nothing from dpd for todays delivery at all 😔

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just a thought as to why the 512gb variant is still not available.

I was trying to find out why there has been no 512gb models in stock since launch and found that Samsung didn't put the 16gb ram LPDDR5 into production until February 26th.

With current events I can see how this would delay putting them into mobile devices, testing them and shipping them.

Even if this is the cause, EE's communication has been underwhelming to say the least.

I considered a swap to the 128gb model as I ordered the 512 on Feb 28th so it's been well over a month but this would result in losing the Galaxy buds. I factored in selling the buds that retail for £159 for about £100 as that would negate my early upgrade fee.

What infuriates me is the MyEE app and website not showing me my current plan or upgrade timeline as I was fairly confident my upgrade fee dropped from £100 to £50 in April. When you're in the process of upgrading the info is no longer available.

That's not factoring in the app crashing every 5 seconds!

Now I'm in limbo of jumping the gun, going for the 128gb model and losing the buds but will save me around £10 a month or wait an indefinite amount of time for the 512gb model to appear.

I guarantee that if I swap to the 128gb variant the 512gb stock will turn up 🙄

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE rang me stating the business site is displaying the “wrong” information and will be investigated and changed however the advisor stated they still awaiting stock and that no further communication from samsung as to when they will be ready however i will be waiting to the end of this month if nothing changes then my order will be a cancelled what’s getting me is samsung is shipping the 512gb to other retailers like very but not ee but did say to ee advisor they can’t keep passing the buck around your communication has been substandard and giving false expectations which isn’t on