by abdulmismail
Explorer

S10+ dual sim (EE plus a local sim)?

I've been reading a number of responses from a similar query regarding the Samsung S10+ dual sim but the following question doesn't seem to have been answered.

I travel a fair but and always have to carry an old phone (e.g. Blackberry or S6) with me. I don't like carrying two phones and having to transfer data from one to another so a dual sim phone is very appealing.

Question: Would it be possible to keep an EE sim and send/receive calls plus data and when I'm at a destination; buy a "pay as you go" sim to use locally?

Would the "6 month lock" still be applicable? I'm not interested in unlocking the phone to change networks as I'm content with EE as my provided. It's only a cost effective option during conferences to have a local phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: S10+ dual sim (EE plus a local sim)?

Using a local PAYG SIM is a change of network & you can't do it while the phone is locked.

EE devices are locked to EE for at least the 1st 6 months, after which you can apply to have them unlocked at a cost of £9.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@abdulmismail   The 6 month rule still applies with duel sim devices.  You’ll have to wait  6 months before you can use any other network sim in that device even with the EE sim in the device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Using a local PAYG SIM is a change of network & you can't do it while the phone is locked.

EE devices are locked to EE for at least the 1st 6 months, after which you can apply to have them unlocked at a cost of £9.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @abdulmismail

Welcome to the community. 

I can see you have been provided some great information from both @Chris_B and @XRaySpeX.

You can't use another network SIM in your phone until the device is 6 months old and has been unlocked. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.