by DrayBird Investigator
Investigator

Returning an upgrade phone

I am returning an upgrade phone which wasn't as described, been sent the returns bag... when I took it to the PO I was asked to pay £7 for postage... I thought the return was meant to be free? Or have I got that bit wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Returning an upgrade phone

by DrayBird Investigator
Investigator

2019-03-03 09.43.24.jpgIt looks like that ^^

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @DrayBird.

If returning an item you are responsible for the cost of the return. 

Please see our 'How can I return a device' help page for full information.

Thanks, Katie 🙂

by DrayBird Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B, thank you for that information - in the circumstances I feel pretty unimpressed that I'm having to pay to return an item that was "mis-sold" to me. I've already had some very unsatisfactory dealings with service agents on online chat in the last few days. If it wasn't for the fact that EE is the only network to provide reasonable coverage in my area I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

by
EE Community Support Team

I am sorry to hear this @DrayBird

I have sent you a private message for further detail. 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie_B wrote:

If returning an item you are responsible for the cost of the return. 

Not if returning faulty goods in the 1st 6 months (Consumer Rights Act).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DrayBird Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX I was thinking that DSR and/or sale of goods act should cover me in terms of the return in this instance. I was assured the phone I was being sent would tick all my requirements. I ended up having an argument with a service agent on the chat as he told me I was trying insert a 2nd sim incorrectly - in the end was told to take it to a shop and cut off. Took to the shop (more cost - fuel, parking...) to be told that I wasn't wrong, the slot where a 2nd SIM could in theory fit, is blanked off for the UK market... such a shame the sales lady I spoke to last Weds didn't know this otherwise I wouldn't have wasted her time or mine getting the upgrade! Which turned out to be anything but.

by DrayBird Investigator
Investigator

Glad I asked the question... I need to pay to return the phone but have just had a phone call from a very helpful chap who's assured me I'll get the return postage reimbursed by way of credit on my account because of the fact the phone was mis-sold. Phew!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.