by JimmyMac Investigator
Investigator

Replacement battery whilst still on contract?

I have a Galaxy J3 (6) on a contract with ee. The contract was entered into around six months ago. Recently the battery has started to lose charge very quickly. Also booting up from sleep mode sometimes fails to happen. I suspect that possibly the battery may need replacing. When I visited my local ee shop I was informed that ee do not replace batteries and that I would have to visit a Samsung store (nearest one 20 miles away in Reading UK!) to purchase a replacement. Was this advice correct?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Replacement battery whilst still on contract?

A contract doesn't cover you for faults or damages.

A contract states you will pay x amount per month for x amount of time.

The only way a contract would cover faults etc is that if you can prove they sold a faulty product in first place 

Samsung has 2 years warranty on devices batteries on other hand have 1 year warranty.

So I would contact Samsung you don't need to go to a Samsung store. You could even go to a Carphone Warehouse who would send it off for repair. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JimmyMac  You need to contact Samsung if the battery if iffy.   This can be done HERE 

by JimmyMac Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for that. My reason for asking was more one of "Is this covered by my contract?" 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JimmyMac. Unless you have insurance with EE then its not covered by EE but it will be covered by Samsung and their warranty. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

A contract doesn't cover you for faults or damages.

A contract states you will pay x amount per month for x amount of time.

The only way a contract would cover faults etc is that if you can prove they sold a faulty product in first place 

Samsung has 2 years warranty on devices batteries on other hand have 1 year warranty.

So I would contact Samsung you don't need to go to a Samsung store. You could even go to a Carphone Warehouse who would send it off for repair. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.