by ChrisP4GEE Investigator
Investigator

[QUES] Wifi Calling Limiting to Particular Wifi...

I have enabled just Wifi Calling on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (waiting for it to enable).

Is there a way to limit it to certain SSIDs? I have a WiFi hotspot in my car (EE 4GEE Wifi SIM), but I don't want it to use this for calls when in the car. I only want it to work at home.

Does the EE 4GEE Wifi SIM support WiFi Calling even?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: [QUES] Wifi Calling Limiting to Particular Wifi...

You are not able to specify which WiFi SSIDs can work with WiFi calling sorry and yes EE data only dongles do allow WiFi calling to work when WiFi enabled handsets are connected to them.

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

You are not able to specify which WiFi SSIDs can work with WiFi calling sorry and yes EE data only dongles do allow WiFi calling to work when WiFi enabled handsets are connected to them.

Investigator

@Profile closed wrote:

You are not able to specify which WiFi SSIDs can work without WiFi calling sorry and yes EE data only dongles do allow WiFi calling to work when WiFi enabled handsets are connected to them.

Thanks, it's not a dongle though, it's just a 4GEE Wifi Pay as you go SIM car which is fitted to my car.

If I turn on the "Restict Networks" option under "Data usuage" for the Car's SSID would that stop it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You mean "Restrict Background Processes"? No that's only for restricting data over the mobile network, not for restricting calls over WiFi. You just can't restrict WiFi Calling as you wish.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

You mean "Restrict Background Processes"? No that's only for restricting data over the mobile network, not for restricting calls over WiFi. You just can't restrict WiFi Calling as you wish.

Ok, thanks. I'll just have to turn it off in the car and remember to turn it back on at home. 😞

by red_snow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You could consider using an Android app named Tasker. It takes a bit of getting used to  and seems daunting to start with.

However you could set-up "tasks", WiFi ON & WiFi OFF and then create a profile that will turn on or off depending on mobile towers located, geographical location or times etc.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.