by Loreta_14
Visitor

Purchased Samsung 10+ which was blacklisted after a week.

My husband purchased a phone from a local store at Hounslow Treaty Centre which was blacklisted after a week.Retailer :Fonalize is very abusive and refused to give a refund for the purchase.Informed us that the phone had a issue and was sent for repairs and later told us that he would give us a replacement the very next day.But now when we spoke to him over the phone he was being very abusive over and threatening us if we go to his store.We have paid £970 for the phone

What can be done? 

Can anyone give me advice?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Purchased Samsung 10+ which was blacklisted after a week.

If you bought from a local dealer and not EE then there is nothing EE can do.

Fonalize if that's the store is not an EE retailer. You.need to take it up with them.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Loreta_14   You say it was sent for repairs do you have this back ?  A blacklisted phone doesn’t need to be repaired as this is network blacklisted as the original device owner reported it lost/stolen.    You could go back to the store and till them they are selling/handling stolen goods. And you have the proof as the device you have is blacklisted.   You could report this to the police/trading standards.   And you can even point that out to the store.   Request your money back while in the store and if they say they’ll call the police to remove you tell them to do so as you’ll point out they are selling stolen goods.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You may have a claim against the retailer under the The Consumer Rights Act 2015 to reject the goods & get a refund in the 1st 30 days as they are faulty.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.