by MandyW0606
Visitor

Problem Following Recent Upgrade

My Samsung Galaxy S3 has recently done an upgrade, as in the past, but this one seems to have done something "weird" to my phone.  I can get use to the way it looks when wanting to dial a number and also my contacts but whtat is annoying me the most is two things:-

1.  I am unable to switch my phone off at home, I can in the street but not at home.  Is this because I'm connected to my home wi-fi?  If so I don't understandy why.  I've always been connected and until the recent upgrade had no problems.

2.  This leads me to the next problem.  I can't connect to wi-fi in the street even though I'm supposed to be on 4G with my account.

Any help would most grateful be received.

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Problem Following Recent Upgrade

What updste did it bring the S3 is no longer being supported for updates.

You should be able to turn the phone off regardless if it's on Wi-Fi it not.

And your question number 2. Doesn' matter if you have 4G if there is so Wi-Fi available that you can connect to then it won't connect.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Are you sure you have the Galaxy S3, I9300? Can you type into the dialer *#1234# and post the three sets of code. 

To answer your questions:

1. When you say off you mean totally off? Just hold down the power button and turn off device.

2. You can only connect to wifi if you are in range of your router. As for 4G the Galaxy S3 isn't a 4G phone so you won't connect to 4G.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What version of Android is it running?

Your EE account may include 4G, most do, but your mobile doesn't. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.