cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pretty Irritated at EE

Lloydtw
Contributor
Contributor

So, I ordered my upgrade for the S10+ on the 21st of February. I realised at the beginning of this week that apart from the initial order confirmation email, I hadn't had any further information from EE so I rang them. Turned out something had messed up at their end and the order had got 'stuck' somewhere so they sorted that out. The S10+ I ordered also comes with a wireless charging pad and the earbuds and yet their new order confirmation email mentions the charger but not the earbuds. On top of this, they also promised that I would get my phone today as it's their fault that they order was messed up. I have not received any delivery date texts or anything and when I track my order it still says awaiting confirmation. It's nice to know that once EE make a mistake, they even somehow mess it up when trying to correct it

11 REPLIES 11
CrimpingMadness
Investigator
Investigator

I'm in a similar situation. It's annoying to say the least.

One thing to note though; the earphones wont be delievered with the phone, you have to redeem then on an app once you have received the phone.

asaw
Contributor
Contributor

For earbuds you will get a voucher and then you can claim them.

But I have to say I am disappointed too, I pre-ordered the s10+, the website was saying it will be delivered on 8th. Then I received a text saying I will have it later, don't even know when. Also advisor on online chat was really rude to me!

At least you received a text to tell you when it's going to arrive though. I saw on another thread it was said they are sending them out on a first come first serve basis. Considering I ordered mine the day after they announced it then I should have been pretty high on that list. It's more irritating that they cocked up my order at their end so promised I'd reciee it today and yet there's not even been a tracking order update at all

Update - I've just spoken to EE yet again. Apparently Samsung didn't release enough s10s and it will be between 14-21 days until they're shipping out new stock. But we get a £20 credit added to our accounts, brilliant! What I really wanted instead of a new phone to replace my dying battery that I have to charge 3 times a day is nonsense credit that just goes straight back to the company supplying it in the first place. They **bleep** up my order on their end, moving me from high on the first come first serve list to somewhere near the bottom I imagine, making me wait a possible 2-3 more weeks to receive my phone I already ordered 2 weeks ago and they give us a measly £20 credit, I'm going to spend more than that just having to keep my phone charged in the time it takes for the new one to arrive. Jesus, they could at least throw in a decent case or something. 

Mia_G
Investigator
Investigator

I think I'm in a similar situation, haven't recieved any information other than the initial email. What number did you ring to 'unstick' your order? 

I just used the order number from my original confirmation email, they should just be able to just look up your name though

Call 150

When I go to tracking it still just says awaiting confirmation, not even a confirmation or predicted date....

@Lloydtw

abovevrhe “awaiting confirmation” on the tracker, does it say order confirmed? 

Samsung have pulled an Apple trick by undersupplying and despite EE placing high order volumes to fulfill pre orders, they haven’t been sent the full amount yet. The manufacturers send out batches and until those deliveries hit EE, they don’t know exactly what they have. They are getting them out ASAP in order of previrders though.

although the website gives an expected date, it unfortunately isn’t a guarantee.  People on other networks are experiencing the same as EE customers . X