by itsViney
Explorer

Poor signal strength using Galaxy S10+

i just got a Galaxy S10+ and am finding the mobile signal strength extremely poor compared with my old Pixel 2XL. I was and am still on EE so there should be no difference in the network. Has anyone else had similar issues with the S10+? I'm considering sending the device back and cancelling my contract (I'm still in the 14-day window).

I've tried the obvious stuff like rebooting and turning airplane mode on and off.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Poor signal strength using Galaxy S10+

Hi @itsViney 

Both the S10+ and Pixel have different antenna and radios, so comparing them isn't an accurate way of judging your signal strength. 

Are you having reception issues with calls/data? 

Have you checked EE Network Status Checker?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by itsViney
Explorer

Hi @Northerner 

I'm not just basing it on the displayed bars, but on the actual performance. On the S10+ in a given location I could have no signal (data or calls) whatsoever and am unable to make calls or access the internet. If I then put the sim card in my Pixel 2XL I am able to access 4G internet and make calls without any issues and the phone shows 2-3 bars (sat in the exact same location).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @itsViney 

Best send it back then. As I say you cannot compare different manufacturers, but if it's as bad as you suggest then maybe you have a defective handset, equally you may not. 

Contact CS on 150 and ask to return your handset.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @itsViney

Welcome to the community.

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus so they can run through some troubleshooting with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.