by justme32 Investigator
Investigator

Poor battery Galaxy S8+

Im on my 2nd replacement of my Galaxy S8+.

The first 1 stopped charging at 65% so it got replaced. The 2nd one wouldnt hold its charge and now this one goes from 90% down to 10% in about 3 hours then at 10% dies in my hand and then takes ages to get it open again 

This replacements  cost me 100 quid cause the screen had a chip Now EE say they dunno if i can have a 3rd replacement. 

Iv been a buisness customer for 15 years.

I asked if i could either.upgrade to the next model or change for a different phone and to doo it they wanted 500. 

Their customer service is zero they have no sympathy for problems and  are not interested in loyalty. 

I have no idea what to do now iv got a phone costing 50 quid a month that needs to be plugged in 80% of the time. What good is that. Its pointless calling them again they are not interested other than give them 500 quid. 

7 REPLIES 7
by justme32 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Poor battery Galaxy S8

Yeah but they want another £100 insurance excess.Thats gonna be an additional 200 quid iv paid. 

Sent from Yahoo by Samsung S8+ inc.
Powered To You By android 🐸
by justme32 Investigator
Investigator

The Screen 

Sent from Yahoo by Samsung S8+ inc.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Poor battery Galaxy S8+

Hi @justme32

Why don't you contact Samsung CS and claim under your warranty? If it's a battery issue/defect then it will be fixed by Samsung.

Have you also tried backing up and factory resetting? What does your battery manager (under settings) say is draining your power?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by justme32 Investigator
Investigator

Hey 

Yes Samsung sent me details of doing all the things under safe mode 

If anything its made it worse cause now it shuts down at 9% 

The only thing that showed on the battery monitor about 2% was the screen that was showing more but its only on just under half brightness most of the time and you can hardly see it.

The manager i spoke to in my local EE shop when i went there just gave me a sorry look and said its an ongoing problem and not a day goes by they dont have at least one unhappy customer complaining about the battery. 

Im paying a premium buisness rate and the phones are not fit for use. They are unreliable as half the time its flat.

It is not a faulty hand set as its my 2nd replacement. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @justme32

You need to contact Samsung again and claim under your warranty.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @justme32

Welcome to the community.

What reason did our technical support team give for not replacing a third time?

Chris

by justme32 Investigator
Investigator

It was another £100 excessAnd iv lost faith in the phone. 

Sent from Yahoo by Samsung S8+ 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.